A question of Tyres

Steve_b77
Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
MY Allez Int'l has the standard fit Specialized Mondo Sport tyres, I don;t know if it's just me but they almost sound like they're quite sticky on smooth roads, like that noise as if they're almost peeling off the tarmac.

What I'm wondering is, what would you good people recommed as a good replacement tyre without spending loads of money.

I typically ride 75-100 miles a week after work on pretty good roads and country lanes, in the dry as I don't tend to venture out in the wet. I go off road when that happens.

Ideally i'm looking for a tyre that is faster rolling, I don't seem to need more grip as I've had no issues yet, and also has a decent level of puncture resistance.

Any ideas :?:

Comments

• Currently using Hutchinson Quartz, which came with the bike. Quite good and not that pricey. Wear well, reasonably free-rolling and not too skittish in the wet.

Coming up soon for replacement and will fit Conti 4 season for the winter and then Conti 4000S come spring, possibly on uprated wheels. But both these are more expensive than the Hutchinsons.