Silly Sunglasses Question

janetthompson
janetthompson Posts: 82
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
I've just got myself a pair of riding glasses as I got sick of being hit in the eye by flies. My silly question is: is there a way to stop them steaming up/ getting rid of the sweat that runs off my forehead onto them without stopping riding and wiping them? :shock: (I can't ride with no hands as my balance is terrible!)

Cheers
Janet
Not lost, just exploring...

Comments

• If you rub a drop of washing up liquid onto the inside of the lenses then polish off with a dry cloth, that will stop the misting up. Use the towelling part on the thumb of cycling gloves to mop your brow as you are riding.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Ride faster and the wind keep the sweat and steam away from your glasses :wink:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Washing up liquid works for me too.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • fuzzynavel
    fuzzynavel Posts: 718
    I've just got myself a pair of riding glasses as I got sick of being hit in the eye by flies. My silly question is: is there a way to stop them steaming up/ getting rid of the sweat that runs off my forehead onto them without stopping riding and wiping them? :shock: (I can't ride with no hands as my balance is terrible!)

Cheers
    Janet

I've often had the same thought when I slow down up hill climbs and can't see where I am going!!

will try the washing up liquid.
    17 Stone down to 12.5 now raring to get back on the bike!
  • yackers1
    yackers1 Posts: 108
    To prevent sweat from running in your eyes try rubbing a layer of vaseline from one eyebrow across the bottom of your brow and across the other eyebrow. This creates a barrier that has lasted up to 4 hours for me! :)
  • jonesey10
    jonesey10 Posts: 239
    I wear a bandana under my Helmet to stop sweat running down my face.
    I used to use the vaseline when I played footy and it does work to a fashion, you can end up wiping it away if your a very sweaty person.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    I thought you ladies "glowed" rather than sweated?
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Max_Man
    Max_Man Posts: 185
    I gave up trying, sweat pours from my forehead after minutes on the bike. I've put up with blurred vision and stinging eyes for ages.... :roll:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    getting fitter and staying hydrated helps with that, I found that when i started training I sweated a fair bit being a fatty, and it hurt like hell, but once my fitness and hydration habits improved i sweated more but it was less salty so stung less.
  • Robmanic1 wrote:
    I thought you ladies "glowed" rather than sweated?

If I glowed I wouldn't be working hard enough! :wink:
    Not lost, just exploring...