i've lost the road cycling bug.

Felix-da-house-mouse
edited August 2008 in Road beginners
not been out out on my roadie for months just cant seem to get bak into it. how do i start building muscle and getting fitter again? cos i'm getting back on it and soon
felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!

Comments

• not been out out on my roadie for months just cant seem to get bak into it. how do i start building muscle and getting fitter again? cos i'm getting back on it and soon

You know the answer really, don't you. :wink:

You gotta get back on it. Start slow and steady, short and sweet. Make a log and build it slowly.

You'll be fine :D
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • Campy King
    Campy King Posts: 201
    Treat yourself to a new bike, that should do the trick!!
  • chuckcork
    chuckcork Posts: 1,471
    Campy King wrote:
    Treat yourself to a new bike, that should do the trick!!

How many can anyone ride at once (he asks, having 2 road bikes, looking to covert a Sirrus to drop bars to be a 3rd, and with a dahon folder that isn't getting enough use)

Thats a very nice bike he owns already?
    'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    not been out out on my roadie for months just cant seem to get bak into it. how do i start building muscle and getting fitter again? cos i'm getting back on it and soon
    Felix,

You have lost your motivation and it isn't coming back. I think you should give up this cycling malarky. As a favour, I'll give you a hundred quid for that old bike of yours...

Alternative, get out and try to do a few rides for fun. If you enjoy them then slowly build it up until you are training. Build muscle? Forget about that for now. Endurance is far far more important. Start doing a few long rides and it'll take care of itself.
    Rich
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    is this your cycling bug you speak of? I think I found it :)

unbranded-ride-on-wheelie-bug-bee-toytopia.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • If you have a nice commuting distance it gives a practical way of getting back to it, without much/any additional time commitment and possibly saving money in the process.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Felix - new kit is the answer, your bike looks spiffy enough :D Get yourself a Garmin, or some very expensive gear to wear... some new toy that necessitates a bike ride in order to determine whether it is working.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • well i'm going to the states so i may a gramin, but what one and i presume if io buy it over there itll work here? bugger it going out tonight!!!! woop woop cant wait now.
    felix's bike

• LBS!!! Ask if anyone is going out, and go with them...
    *I miss my friends in norfolk :cry: *
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • well i'm going to the states so i may a gramin, but what one and i presume if io buy it over there itll work here? bugger it going out tonight!!!! woop woop cant wait now.

:D Let us know how it went. I did 46 miles in the pi$$ing rain. Oddly, thought of you, Mouse....and not so sure you weren't on to something with this 'Can't get into it' mindset. :shock:
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Buy some matching green bar tape - slap it on then get yourself out on the damn bike.

DO IT NOW. :twisted:
  • Buy some matching green bar tape - slap it on then get yourself out on the damn bike.

DO IT NOW. :twisted:

like your prince. much did you get that beauty for?
    felix's bike

• il_principe
    Cheers, it's my pride and joy! Cost just shy of £3600 IIRC (not including wheels, saddle or pedals which I already owned). I justify the purchase with the fact that A) I don't own a car and B) I deserve it.

:D
  • Cheers, it's my pride and joy! Cost just shy of £3600 IIRC (not including wheels, saddle or pedals which I already owned). I justify the purchase with the fact that A) I don't own a car and B) I deserve it.

you and me both so we're both tree huggers lol
    felix's bike

• Cheers, it's my pride and joy! Cost just shy of £3600 IIRC (not including wheels, saddle or pedals which I already owned). I justify the purchase with the fact that A) I don't own a car and B) I deserve it.

the front forks look like a womens leg in red tights lol. nice pic whee was that?
    felix's bike

• johncp
    johncp Posts: 302
    love the colour-coded bottle cages - touch of genius! :lol:
    If you haven't got a headwind you're not trying hard enough
  • il_principe
    Cheers, it's my pride and joy! Cost just shy of £3600 IIRC (not including wheels, saddle or pedals which I already owned). I justify the purchase with the fact that A) I don't own a car and B) I deserve it.

the front forks look like a womens leg in red tights lol. nice pic whee was that?

A tiny little village called Aas in the Haute Pyrenees. Taken the day before this years Etape.

Actually just changed the cages for a pair of Pinarello MOST ones:

MostBorkCage.jpg