Biking in Egham/Staines area, advice and buddies needed.

jenco2
jenco2 Posts: 5
edited August 2008 in MTB rides
I'm 18 and starting at Royal Holloway Uni in September. Want to bring my bike down with me and was wandering what the location is like round there. I'm into All mountain/ freeride but up for XC if means i get to ride! There any clubs down there I could join or any guys/girls my age fancy meeting up come september? Also does anyone know what the facilities for storing bikes are around there?

Comments

• jenco2 wrote:
    I'm 18 and starting at Royal Holloway Uni in September. Want to bring my bike down with me and was wandering what the location is like round there. I'm into All mountain/ freeride but up for XC if means i get to ride! There any clubs down there I could join or any guys/girls my age fancy meeting up come september? Also does anyone know what the facilities for storing bikes are around there?

hi mate

google swinley forest and esher shore, both are really close to you there. Swinley is prolly only 5 miles, and esher is prolly and 7 or 8, but i think both can be reached easily by train from there.
  • jenco2
    jenco2 Posts: 5
    cheers! had a look and they dont look two bad! a nice change from the usual 7stanes!
    now all I need to do is find some company when am down there!
  • You'd be welcome to join us www.tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk if you don't mind a slightly longer journey to Deepcut.

We ride Tuesday / Thursday evenings and also arrange other more informal rides.

There is a Super Tuesday ride tomorrow aimed at new people if you want to try us out.

Our meet point tonight is

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dl ... 45&A=Y&Z=3

at 7.05 for a 7.15pm start - details are in the weekday evening rides section of our forum.

Mike
  • steve_1981
    steve_1981 Posts: 114
    jenco2 wrote:
    cheers! had a look and they dont look two bad! a nice change from the usual 7stanes!
    now all I need to do is find some company when am down there!

I'll meet up with you for a ride at either Swinley or Esher once my leg's fixed :D