Wath Upon Dearne newbie needs your help!

hipjazzcat
hipjazzcat Posts: 42
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
Hi folks,
back in the early and mid 90s i was a fairly competitive bike rider, i have now according to my wife got to much spare time and spare tyre and need to get a hobby other than watching the box. So have decided to take the plunge and get back into falling off the MTB.
My questions to you guys out there are firstly can anyone suggest a decent cross country machine in the £1500 price bracket and secondly where the hell can i ride it! I am an Australian (dont hold it against me) living in Wath Upon Dearne, South Yorkshire. I have lived in the UK for a few years but have only just moved to Wath so dont have a clue where there are some decent places to hit the dirt or people to ride with. Any help, suggestions or comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    See the thread on this page about Wharncliffe and North Sheffield riders.

You want to get your Aussie ar$e (;-)) down to JE James cycles in Rotherham, good shop, big range of bikes, and for 1500 the world is your oyster. Could go for a superlight hardtail, or a mid weight full suspension. I'd be looking at abike with 4or 5 inch of travel either end to deal with the majority of trails around here.