Critical Mass in Seattle

shawnrohrbach
shawnrohrbach Posts: 12
edited August 2008 in Campaign
Am I the only one bothered by what happened there? If you missed it, it went down something like this: Critical Mass was on their monthly ride, corked a motorist in a parking spot or driveway, the motorist got pissed off and backed into some cyclists, putting at least one in the hospital, cyclists chased the motorist and bashed his car pretty good. The CYCLISTS who bashed the car were arrested, ok fine, but the motorist walks free. Does any one know if the motorist was cited? I wrote about Critical Mass in my book on cycling bu I am wondering if it hasn't outlived its usefulness if they are going to resort to violence. I am also concerned about lending any support again to Seattle police efforts if they are not going to investigate and possibly cite the motorist.
Shawn Rohrbach MFA
www.shawnrohrbach.com

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Critical Mass... not them wollies again... :roll: I have trawled through the various footage on youtube and have to say a few times they seem to have gone a bit mental. The one time it seems the footage is is their favour the videographer cut half the sound out.... (the vid where the driver went over the cyclists foot and then tore through the other guys bikes)

America seems so right wing towards cyclists that something is gonna kick off big time out there. And it wont be good. :roll: :(
  • Parsnip49
    Parsnip49 Posts: 205
    Theres a big post in cakestop about CM and their braindead activities