Peep-Holey acts professionally

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2008 in Pro race
And denies it all.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ping-17823

That's a bit more professional.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Like a true pro. Maybe Scott can name its 2009 team edition bike The Omerta?

Meanwhile Lampre's Paolo Bossoni has just been busted for EPO, along with the U-23 Italian champion too.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Piepoli said: "I had nothing important to say with regards the hearing. I denied everything. I was questioned only as a witness. I said what I had to say, nothing more, nothing less."

To 'deny everything' is surely a tacit admission there is 'something' to deny :wink:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Wasnt he rooming with Ricco ? When did Ricco say he took the injection - I guess it would have been before the tour began ?
  • campagsarge
    campagsarge Posts: 434
    Second story down. Looks like young Ricco's wee for the Giro will be looked at for CERA.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jul08/jul31news2
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Oooh - bet he wishes he hadnt sworn on his Mammas life that he'd never doped now !
  • It has always driven me to distraction that they swear on their Mamma or their dead brothers grave that they didn't do it, when patently they did. Funny you never get to hear what Mamma has to say about it now though!
  • It is like something out of a Mario Puzo novel. The ometra, respect for one's mum, not speaking to the police. Maybe the Cosa Nostra are behind it all?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Where there is a blackmarket trade in banned things, you can expect the mafia to move in. So you may laugh but the mafia has been raiding clinics and hospitals in Italy and beyond, to sell the EPO and steroids to athletes and bodybuilders. They are also supposed to be selling copycat drugs, made in counterfeit labs in Eastern Europe and Asia.

Ricco is just mocking CONI, cycling and everyone involved. But I hope the likes of Scott think hard about their involvement in the team. Are they happy, for example, with the likes of Piepoli in their team?
  • One would imagine if Piepoli had done nothing wrong he's currently be suing Saunier Duval for unlawful dismissal...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,132
    Kléber wrote:
    Where there is a blackmarket trade in banned things, you can expect the mafia to move in. So you may laugh but the mafia has been raiding clinics and hospitals in Italy and beyond, to sell the EPO and steroids to athletes and bodybuilders. They are also supposed to be selling copycat drugs, made in counterfeit labs in Eastern Europe and Asia.

Ricco is just mocking CONI, cycling and everyone involved. But I hope the likes of Scott think hard about their involvement in the team. Are they happy, for example, with the likes of Piepoli in their team?

Scott should put new management in place. Keeping the same people in charge is madness.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    i thought hed already admitted it to his boss which is why he was sacked..??!!

And I dont recall him actually failing any tests in the tour... :?
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • I should imagine that's exactly what he's reducing it to - I didn't get caught for anything.