Guildford Cycle Challenge - 7th September

mattlegge
mattlegge Posts: 71
The Charlotteville Cycling Club is well known for its popular Town Centre Races which are held annually in Guildford, Surrey, and is one of the oldest sports clubs in the Borough. With a long history of organizing cycling events of many kinds, the club was delighted by the success of last year’s inaugural Guildford Cycle Challenge. Experienced cyclists generally enjoyed the longer and more challenging routes, but the shortest route attracted many cyclists who were perhaps less experienced, and less aware of the wonderful cycling within just a few kilometers of the centre of Guildford. This year the Guildford Cycle Challenge will try to build on the success of the inaugural event on 7th September 2008.

The 2008 Guildford Cycle Challenge comprises three rides, each on the best of local roads and each offering a different challenge, with something for all. They are:

Bike for All (for families / beginners): This ride is 48km (28 miles) long and based on a route following country lanes to the south of Guildford. There will be plenty of support for novice riders.
Challenge (for intermediate riders): This ride is 90km (56 miles) long, also looping south of Guildford on fine country lanes, but including a couple of the steep climbs in the Surrey hills that our area is well-known for.
Epic (for advanced riders): The long ride is 132km (82.5 miles) and includes most of the area's climbs that we could find! With more than 2,300 meters of climbing, this route is a test even of the fittest cyclists.
Each ride will be marshalled, with directional guidance, maps, and mobile support, with food and drinks provided along the way. The routes have been selected by some of Guildford's most experienced cyclists, many of whom will be riding - or supporting the rides - on the day.

Don't be put off by the distance. This is designed to be a challenge at each level, but can be achieved by any cyclist whether they are fitness fanatics or just occasional rides ... and because the rides are supported we will ensure that you get home safely.

http://www.guildfordcyclechallenge.com

Comments

• huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    Looks a great route I'm sure it will be good fun - I'm doing the Southern Sportive the following week and my suggestion of another full days riding the week before got a frosty reception...Mind you might try and sneak the intermediate in !!! :lol:
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    Looks a great route I'm sure it will be good fun - I'm doing the Southern Sportive the following week and my suggestion of another full days riding the week before got a frosty reception...Mind you might try and sneak the intermediate in !!! :lol: