Bike to work via Evans... full sus advice needed

Atz
Atz Posts: 1,383
edited July 2008 in MTB buying advice
Sooo... I got the company to sort their bike to work out but they did it through Evans. No problems, I'll just have to chip in a bit so I reckon my budget is around 2k, give or take.

I was in Whistler last week and got half a day on a rental and had way more fun than I'd expected in the bike park so I'd like to get something that I can pedal uphill a bit but can still take some drops and jumps in bike parks without the bike shedding parts. Someone on another forum recommended the Trek Remedy 8 which seems not unreasonable so I just need to find a test ride, but does anyone else have any thoughts?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You'll have to get details of the scheme fully. As it is a salary forfeit scheme, the company you work for owns the bike and effectively leases it to you - so I am not sure you can top it up like that! Plus without a license the limit is 1000.
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    I am just about to pick up my Specialized Pitch Pro on the bike to work scheme - it was fine to top it up but mine was with biketreks through cyclescheme.

The Commencal Meta 5 I tried is also a really nice bike which could take some jumping etc.
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    You can definitely throw extra cash in. Not sure how it works for the sacrifice but I'll manage ;)
  • i got a pitch pro for 1400 on the scheme you just have to pay the shop the extra cash after the 999.99 - but of course it depends on the shop