yet again pedals

bryan71
bryan71 Posts: 89
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
I have been using shiimano spd sl pedals.But i do really like the speedplay zero team pedals.Are they any good and would i need to buy new shoes.

Comments

• myqul
    myqul Posts: 30
    Dont know how zero's are. As for shoes depends on what shoes you've got already and what bolt pattern they'll except. If youve got road shoes chances are they'll probably fit as road shoes are more likley to have a wider range of bolt pattern compaterbility. If your using MTB shoes most of em only have the 2 bolt pattern and if zero's have the 3 bolt pattern they wont
    You might have a nice rolex city boy, but I've got the time
  • bryan71
    I use road racing shoes.noticed a few people with the zero's like the look of them.
  • Naz
    Naz Posts: 353
    ...but what's wrong with your SPD SLs?
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Speedplays will fit pretty much any road shoe. If in doubt consult their website. I use Zero's and they are excellent - in fact I changed for SPD-L's because I wanted the unsprung float. Been so pleased with them that both road bikes are now equipped with Zeros.
  • bryan71
    There is nothing really wrong with my SPD-L'S.Just that i have put them on my mountain bike which i use when the weather is bad.I plan to put road tyres on it.So i need a spare pair.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    Speedplay have a 4 hole pattern but come with an adaptor plate. Try the speedplay frogs on your mtb, they're great, as an orange stripey thing once said. Two hole pattern.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed