Good morning !!

GT Destroyer
GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
edited August 2008 in The Crudcatcher
How the hell are we all?

Off out for thew first time in aaaages today - Out to Wharncliffe, can't wait. I'll be pushing most the way round due to my inability not to drink beer, not last night though, I behaved!!!!

Whos got new stuff then? Has Cheesey got a new bike(s)?

Comments

• Blundell
    Blundell Posts: 308
    Looks like it aint just me who's been hanging low recently!

Hope as ya have a great ride over at Wharncliffe.

Went out on a ride on my scott of the first time in well over a month today. It was flippin excellent. 2 hrs bombing round the local XC course. Now I've got to come down with a good bit or ironing. Doh!
  • GT Destroyer
    Had an absolute ball - Felt really confident on the bike, managed some jumps that I usually would avoid. I was abviously completely knackered!!

Fell off and managed to rip my shorts! They weren't dedicated cycling shorts, it was well funny!!

I was annoyed with my tyres though, I have Panaracer Cinders and they do not shed mud off them. I think they probably aren't suited to the type of mud, its really sticky and thick etc....

So I am now buying. More tyres, some proper riding shorts with padded rear-end, and also a bigger and better hydration pack, mine is only 2L and I'm after a 3L one. (heads over to the buying advice bit!!)
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Been out quite a lot over the past few days, ended up with some pretty terrible tan lines from having gloves on! Not sure its a good look :?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Thought bits of Wharny might have been drier than usual! Never has drained too well, and lots of strams run down the valley. Is more XC stuff to the north which is higher up that is worth having a look at: technical rocky singletrack.
  • GT Destroyer
    Well we start at a small industrial road, then we head up near to the top car park, then start our loop from there, just after the green gate.

It was dead muddy at the bottom, although there were some dry bits - We always go right to the top, so we did the dry rocky trails, they are an absolute scream!!

We usually go back up to the middle of the forest up the hugely steep hill, but bottled it and stayed to the right, parallel to the train line, and ended there.

If I can get some more shorts from somewhere I'm off out tomorrow, I'd love to go to Stainburn, haven't been there with the Crush yet, only the old GT!
  • supersonic
    Yep, the rocky trails are fun wit the Zaskar and 60mm of travel lol
  • GT Destroyer
    You must have knocked all your teeth out Sonic!!!
  • supersonic
    Great fun! Though have to walk a little bit of it sometimes, fork just cant keep up!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    you need a better bike sonic.......
  • GT Destroyer
    We'll just leave him to it teeth!!! He must enjoy it or he wouldn't ride it still.
  • Dodgex1
    Dodgex1 Posts: 1,306
    It's glad to come back after an age and see a good old good morning topic even if it is from yesterday. I've not been out for ages and now I'm half torn between between going out to practice for going to les gets and not wanting to go out because the law of sod will rain down and Ill break my legs.
    "This is ******!, We can't ride out bikes in the dirt like this!"
  • supersonic
    We'll just leave him to it teeth!!! He must enjoy it or he wouldn't ride it still.

On anything just a little less rocky ot comes into its own... leaves everything else for dead, accelerates so quick. 22 lbs, yet bombproof.

I got the Idrive and Ruckus for the mean stuff anyway.