New to MTB

kyle52
kyle52 Posts: 3
edited July 2008 in MTB beginners
hey, you probaly get this alot but im looking to get started and have been looking at a few bikes i have up to about £700's to spend on a bike.

i would like to use it for rideing to work and back only takes 10mins but more cycle paths (i live in devon) and hopefully find some trails near to where i live.

i have been looking at the kona hoss 2008 have read great reviews about it and is built for big guys, im 6ft4 and 14st so i dont want something that u could break.

am just looking for some help and sugestions

thanks alot :D

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Hi and welcome!

First off you aint that tall or heavy in this game, so I am sure you will find something that suits. And for what you describe, an Xc bike or even hybrid will suffice. Hoss is for the big bruisers who like cliffs and stuff lol.

700 is a good budget, so draw up a shortlist and go and see them. From what you say an XC bike sounds like a good bet - Specialized Rockhopper springs to mind, or GT Avalanche Expert.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    Rockhopper was the first one I thought of
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • kyle52
    kyle52 Posts: 3
    thanks super sonic thought i might be a bit off :)

i will have a look into a few of those and go have a play on some, hopefully i will be a proud owner of a new bike soon :D