club

bryan71
bryan71 Posts: 89
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
Hi i live in Blackburn Lanacashire,Thinking of joining a racing club.Does any one know of one in my area.I don't own a bike with mudguards.Just a pure racing.I would like to do TT.Thanks bryan

Comments

• bluecow
    bluecow Posts: 306
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,708
    bluecow wrote:
    .au is Australia. ;)

Try this
  • aussie70
    aussie70 Posts: 75
    Try http://www.ribblevalleycrc.com/

THe club has groups of all abilities from the Road Racers through to the steady, social riders. Ribble Valley also organise a seires of evening time trials through the summer, so you should find something to cater for your training and racing.
  • bryan71
    I have found blackburn ctc club.But to go on a ride your bike has to have mud guards.And my new bike is a pure race.And i would rather be a member of a race club
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    bluecow wrote:

That's pure class, mate :D:D
  • bryan71
    that looks like austria not a uk club
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    bryan71 wrote:
    I have found blackburn ctc club.But to go on a ride your bike has to have mud guards.And my new bike is a pure race.And i would rather be a member of a race club

Same silly rule in Northern Ireland. Some of the CTC clubs need to drag themselves out of the past and recognise that the membership of said organisation is considerably more diverse than when it was formed and the NI website is awful and the pics look like a day out with granddad. Wonder why they aren't a hugely successful club :shock:

All completely off topic but couldn't resist the dig none the less given your own experience.