Ode to my bike :)

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited July 2008 in MTB general
I LOVE IT!!!! :D

I used to really be into my MTB's all through my youth, starting off properly on a hand-me-down spesh rockhopper in the classic red. I used to ride everywhere, loved taking the bike upto grizedale with my bro's and dad and just really enjoyed it.

But then....2 years ago i started uni and had to leave the bike behind, i found cheap beer, fatty kebabs and pizza's, and inevitably put on weight.

I decided sometime before xmas last year that i was fed up of being unhealthy, unfit and fat and took my Saracen back to uni with me just to ride about on and use as transport.
2 weeks after having it there it got nicked.

Luckily though, my dad had gotten it insured and 4 weeks later i had a voucher to get a brand spanker bike :D
I honestly had no idea what to get, and i'd just like to thank you guys for all your help choosing my bike about 5-6 weeks ago, all the input really helped :)

So i eventually picked up my gorgeous GT Aggressor XCR (well i think so anyways :P ) and started riding around, and have even gotten my bro's back up to grizedale.

However up until tonight, about 10 mins ago, i hadn't been able to rekindle the feelings i used to get when riding.
I'd been sat in my room on this forum, getting very jealous over you guys that get to ride trails every day/weekend and thought, f*ck it, i'm off out on my bike.
I went down some back roads and then onto some dirt tracks behind a school near me. and i just blasted it. it felt SO good. it just felt that finally me and my bike were starting to work together.
Admittedly, i have a few niggles with the bike Found Here, and i have a few niggles myself (dodgy knee) but i cant describe how it felt to be back on a bike.

Sorry this has been a bit of a pointless long winded scribe, but i just felt like i had to tell someone that might understand how i'm feeling right now!!!

B

Comments