online bike parts

justin hender
justin hender Posts: 2
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
does anyone know of a good site to visit (uk) to buy parts tubes and tyres etc....

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Agree with the above. Wiggle and Chain Reaction Cycles are always my first places to look, both are super-reliable, almost always delivering next day for free (you must select free post at the Wiggle checkout, it defauts to "priority" however I always get stuff next day without priority). Painless returns, good prices.

Other good places, DotBike, UK Bike Store, Tredz, Aktiv8

NEVER, EVER use Dave Hinde (if you want to know why, do a search of the forum).
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    alfablue wrote:
    NEVER, EVER use Dave Hinde (if you want to know why, do a search of the forum).

Speaking of which, I noticed their ebay shop (number1bikebits) has had it's percentage of negative feedback go up in the last month, now they can no longer leave feedback as a seller :)

Other bikes shops, as well as the ones above, I've used with success in the past:
    http://www.parker-international.co.uk/
    http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/
    http://www.chevincycles.com/
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    As above -

Chain Reaction
    Wiggle
    Parkers
    Ribble

I've found CRC and Wiggle to despatch most promptly - followed by Parkers, and then Ribble slowest (but good prices).
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Mettan wrote:
    As above -

Chain Reaction
    Wiggle
    Parkers
    Ribble

I've found CRC and Wiggle to despatch most promptly - followed by Parkers, and then Ribble slowest (but good prices).

Hmm I've always found Parkers to be really really slow - but they tend to be better on the customer aspect than all the others.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Mettan wrote:
    As above -

Chain Reaction
    Wiggle
    Parkers
    Ribble

my last few orders with ribble have arrived next day- they are up with the fastest now-have online stock notication and have the lowest prices

highonbikes are pretty good as well
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • huggy
    huggy Posts: 242
    Planetx are good for cheap tubes
  • heathrow86
    heathrow86 Posts: 228
    As far as Parker is concerned I feel let down by them, on the website it tells you that the item you order is out of stock. However when i ordered my chain cleaner I had to Phone them only to be told it was out of stock.

However I now have it.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    I don't know about the rest of you but I find that Wiggle has got really uncompetitive recently. My Ultegra 6660 cassette was nearly £20 cheaper on Chain Reaction Cycles. I have used Wiggle for years but I am afraid I will not be buying out of pure loyalty so they are going to lose a lot of my business if they don't sort out their pricing.

Ribble has an awful website - you have to use Internet Explorer to get parts of it work. Next to useless. I emailed them to complain. Never even got a reply so I wouldn't buy off them to save a few pennies.

Another one that I don't think has been mentioned is:

http://www.probikekit.com/

however they are a little slower with delivery - 2 days instead of next however that usually doesn't bother me.
  • c12345
    c12345 Posts: 99
    also had good service from rutland.
    Otherwise Wiggle for me.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    found a seat post on chainreaction for £35 less than wiggle but if the price is the same i would go with wiggle as they have done good service for me so far
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I like www.probikekit.com mainly beacuse they are fast and do free postage, even to France. Usually here in a couple of days.
    Mainly clothing but a pretty good range of other stuff.