what's wrong with my bike computer?

Harry B
Harry B Posts: 1,239
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
It seems to be functioning fine apart from the max speed option. Last week it told me my mas speed had been 65mph and on Sunday it recorded 76mph :shock: Now I know that I am slowly getting a bit quicker but not that much :?

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Speeds like that on my 'puters has usually been a symptom of new battery time, if wired just the head unit or receiver and transmitter if wireless.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Wireless often use a simple radio wave. If you pass something on a similar frequency it will record twice. A car dealer near me leads to a max speed of 60mph and if my bike is near the wireless broadband it hums along at 23mph whilst sitting still.
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Wireless often use a simple radio wave. If you pass something on a similar frequency it will record twice. A car dealer near me leads to a max speed of 60mph and if my bike is near the wireless broadband it hums along at 23mph whilst sitting still.
    This was the reason that I ditched my wireless comp and went back to wired. The only reason that it didn't tell me that I was going backwards was that it didn't have the facility for negative speed!

I'd suspect the battery. Do a google for the make and model - you should be able to find the instruction manual on-line. It should have the usual 'troubleshooting' guide
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill