Wanted - People to ride Surrey Hills with!!!

steve_1981
steve_1981 Posts: 114
edited July 2008 in MTB rides
Hey all,

Newbie here so play nice :wink:

I'm just getting back into MTB after a long break and have moved to the Woking area. I'm looking for some freindly riders to ride freeride/downhill with.

Are there any group already runnign please?

Steve

Comments

• steve_1981 wrote:
    Hey all,

Newbie here so play nice :wink:

I'm just getting back into MTB after a long break and have moved to the Woking area. I'm looking for some freindly riders to ride freeride/downhill with.

Are there any group already runnign please?

Steve

dude you got a car? if ya have you're welcome to hook up with us at swinley forrest.. it's in bracknell oposite coral reef... massive bike park, DJs, single tracks, DH and all sorts. some of the best riding around the area. I've heard also that Alice Holt has a good set up, that's farnham way. we thinking about checking out soon.

let me know man, i'll drop you my MSN and let you know when we're dropping by there

Edd
  • steve_1981
    Hey man

No don't have a car but could get to bracknell fairly easily in the train and then ride from there.

Deffo drop my a line as would be cool to meet some riders in the area as don't know any at the mo.

I'm out of action for a while though cause I broke my Femur riding the Shore Park at Esher. :cry:
  • steve_1981 wrote:
    Hey man

No don't have a car but could get to bracknell fairly easily in the train and then ride from there.

Deffo drop my a line as would be cool to meet some riders in the area as don't know any at the mo.

I'm out of action for a while though cause I broke my Femur riding the Shore Park at Esher. :cry:

check this out

http://www.gorrick.com/swinley/

is that esher in surrey? you have a linky for shore park? that's well easy for me to get too but i've never been
  • deadpool2e
    deadpool2e Posts: 625
    I think he means here http://www.eshershore.com/

Bad luck breaking your Femur. how did it happen and how long is your recovery time?
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • deadpool2e wrote:
    I think he means here http://www.eshershore.com/

Bad luck breaking your Femur. how did it happen and how long is your recovery time?

cheese fella.

aye.. femur is nasty break, you do it clean or just a hair line? (either way that's not a nice thing)

Something funny, (and this ain't cos i'm some uber hard looney or something) But I broke a tiny little bone in my rist about a month ago, didn't really know just had a stiffness in it, then had a big off at the skate park on my P2, involving my "gentlemen area". a week or so ago and went to A&E, when i there i just mentioned the stiffness in my rist, they played around with and x-rayed it. Turns out i'd broken my Skaffiod (not sure that's how it's spelt)

not bad, just had to strap it up for a bit, the Doctor said I could still ride as long as i was doing big drops as long as i was wearing the straping.
  • steve_1981
    Hi

properly snapped it clean :cry:

Not really too sure what happened but my foot slipped off the pedal after landing one of the kickers and I think i got flipped into a tree.

Recpvery time...... well it's been 12 weeks already and I'm still on crutches so I'm thinking it'll be a while before I'm back riding but hopefully it won't be too long.
  • steve_1981 wrote:
    Hi

properly snapped it clean :cry:

Not really too sure what happened but my foot slipped off the pedal after landing one of the kickers and I think i got flipped into a tree.

Recpvery time...... well it's been 12 weeks already and I'm still on crutches so I'm thinking it'll be a while before I'm back riding but hopefully it won't be too long.

ouch... as yet not has any real breaks, nasty ball crush thing, but over that in a week. were some nasty side effects, but that's not for a public forum.

no worries on the time back to riding.

Me and a few mates are off to esher soon i think, when the weather is slightly cooler

i've PM'd you with my msn as well
  • oops
  • steve_1981
    Edd.... have e-mailed you
  • motomouse
    motomouse Posts: 19
    Hey guys

I live in the same area as the two of you guys and am always looking for people to ride with. I think I may have even been at Eshershore the day you broke your leg.

If you guys are keen to meet up for some freeride/downhill let me know.

Cheers
  • steve_1981
    really!?

Where you the guy riding at the same time as me, or the guy who saw me being lifted through the bshes, down the wall and into the ambulance?
  • steve_1981
    ps would deffo be up for meeting up as soon as I'm able to ride again :D
  • motomouse wrote:
    Hey guys

I live in the same area as the two of you guys and am always looking for people to ride with. I think I may have even been at Eshershore the day you broke your leg.

If you guys are keen to meet up for some freeride/downhill let me know.

Cheers

hey mate. that's good news, the more the merrier. I'm up for hooking up.

Steve, got you text mate, no credit atm and i can't be arsed to go out tonight, heay day at work.

but i got ya number

Edd
  • motomouse
    motomouse Posts: 19
    steve_1981 wrote:
    really!?

Where you the guy riding at the same time as me, or the guy who saw me being lifted through the bshes, down the wall and into the ambulance?

No I was up at the top, near the entrance when we heard someone had fallen off and then we saw the paramedics sorting your leg out which looked really painfull.
  • steve_1981
    No I was up at the top, near the entrance when we heard someone had fallen off and then we saw the paramedics sorting your leg out which looked really painfull.

Oh right.

Yeah it was (and still is) painfull. Grabbing my foot from up near my face and putting my leg back from being bent past 90 degrees at the break was something i'll never forget!

Got your pm mate, have pm'd you back with my contact details :D Am deffo up for meeting up once i'm back on my bike but it's going to be another few months yet.

Looks like I'm going to miss summer :(
  • steve_1981
    Steve, got you text mate, no credit atm and i can't be arsed to go out tonight, heay day at work.

but i got ya number

LOL!! No worries. Hopefully will meet up with both of you soon!