Caad9

no-mates
no-mates Posts: 31
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
Just wondering if there's any reason I shouldn't get a Caad9 105, I know there's a few other bikes that seem more popular at the 1k mark on here but I ain't dropping my 1k on anything I can't throw my leg over at the LBS. Got myself a Cannondale hybrid for my commute which I've been using at weekends for leisure but am now at the stage where I'm doing 40 miles on it and fancy a road bike before the dark nights draw in.
What's the weakest link on the caad9 105 that I could maybe get the bike shop to swap out to sweeten the deal?
Cheers.

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Hi. I have a Cannondale CAAD9 see my aviator pic.

Best bike I have ridden by far. Found a lot more comfortable than the system six and more responsive than Sypanse.

Did not find a weak link but just because I love to buy parts I upgraded alot!! Lighter wheelset is the thing I'd really go for and maybe upgrade of stem and seatpost.

Good post here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... hp?t=44486
  • no-mates
    Cheers Gazzaputt, that was a very helpful thread. Seems to me that Cannondale just aren't flavour of the month but are exceptional bikes.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    yea caad9 are really, really nice - I would love to know where sells the frameset on its own
    cartoon.jpg
  • no-mates
    Thanks guys
    Ordered it today now just got to wait!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Doobz wrote:
    yea caad9 are really, really nice - I would love to know where sells the frameset on its own

Same here, my Nero Corsa is slightly too big (with a bent mech hanger as of today :cry: )

I keep looking on ebay.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Framesets can be bought from the US but not in Europe.

Cannondale do an exchange programme where you can part ex your old Cannondale frame for a new one. Details are their website.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Doobz wrote:

Same here, my Nero Corsa is slightly too big (with a bent mech hanger as of today :cry: )

I keep looking on ebay.

Can the hangar be replaced mate? How did you manage to bend it?
    cartoon.jpg
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Doobz wrote:
    Can the hangar be replaced mate? How did you manage to bend it?

Luckily with quite a few rebadgers using the Nero Corsa there's quite a few of them knocking around on the internet, £13 for a "Kona" one from CRC seemed to be the cheapest.

I crashed going uphill :oops: (for the second time in a week :oops: ) my nephew was in front and I lost concentration he was tiring and I didn't notice how close I was getting to him - boom my front wheel his rear wheel and I hit the deck. Suprisingly I didn't notice the broken frame hanger for another 20 or so miles when I went to select 34-25 and I heard the spokes pinging against something.

(PS even more Off-topic People have using the argument that you'd have the granny ring on triple just incase - I need stabilisers more than a granny ring.)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr