My first commute!!!

2»

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    lamchop wrote:
    I seemed to be plagues with bad luck...

I got my padded shorts which are fantastic, still come off a bit sore but not as bad as before... but at least there is no chaffing!!!

Anyway I had a really good start to my commute... but when I got to the top of my third long hill, on the way down I think I hit a horrible pot hole and heard a "Pop, pop" followed by hissing.

However I was really surprised and extremely grateful when two cyclists stopped to give me a hand at 5:30 in the morning!

was that 2 puntures? ouch... I trust you have puncture resistant tyres?

Also don't ride over potholes if you can help, but I guess you've sussed that right?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • lamchop
    lamchop Posts: 36
    The full solution is to get some Chamois Creme....

It's lube for your bits.

Yeah I've seen the tubs in the shops... didn't know whether they would work or not. Can I use it at home too!?!? :P
    was that 2 puntures? ouch... I trust you have puncture resistant tyres?

Also don't ride over potholes if you can help, but I guess you've sussed that right?

Yeap, punctures front and back. I managed to fix one, but couldnt to the other so ended trying to change inner tube.... but to my horror it had to wrong size valve. :( I ended up having to call for a lift! :cry:

Went back to the shop which have me the the inner tubes, and they ended up giving me a new inner tube plus a couple extra for good measure.

I had already started to dodge pot holes, as I had heard enough stories. I went back to where I got the punctures. I turns out it was a drain in the cycle lane that had sunken so it's sharp edges were showing. At that time of the morning it's still a little dark so quite difficult to see them.

Do you think if i complained to the council they'll pay me back for damages :?: