Is Riis really the emperor from Star Wars?

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2008 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,392
    Is Riis talking about all these dope tests Frank is being put through?
    Maybe R2D2 is another brand name for CERA or Damsgaard's magic formula?
    He's certainly has the force with him.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    BR : Attack Frank
    FS : I'll try...
    BR : Try not! Do. Or Do Not. There is no try.

:oops:

BR has given me one of my favourite moments on the telly during this years tour when Matt Rendell said to him "how surprised were you when Ricco tested +" and he replied "I was as surprised as you" Brilliant.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,392
    Old Frank almost became Riis's Death "star" on that stage in Switzerland.
    I bet he'll be embracing a lot of that fear and a loo roll, come the last 24kms of today's stage.
    The French describe the decent off the Bonette as extremely difficult and most maps show it with a health warning! :shock:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,313
    The side they come up is far scarier for descending. A sheer drop to the right and the camber of the road taking you towards it. :shock:

I don't think the descent today is that tricky - long and fast but not too technical.
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:
    The side they come up is far scarier for descending. A sheer drop to the right and the camber of the road taking you towards it. :shock:

Quit showing off - We all know you've cycled in the Alps a lot :P
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,225
    iainf72 wrote:
    BR : Attack Frank
    FS : I'll try...
    BR : Try not! Do. Or Do Not. There is no try.

:oops:

BR has given me one of my favourite moments on the telly during this years tour when Matt Rendell said to him "how surprised were you when Ricco tested +" and he replied "I was as surprised as you" Brilliant.

Which was then, in it's full version, followed by:

Rendell: And how surprised am I?
    Riis: As surprised as me. (complete with playful smile)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    andyp wrote:

I don't think the descent today is that tricky - long and fast but not too technical.

I enjoyed descending it towards St. Etienne-d-T last year. Not that bad. More open than the Jausiers side, you could see what was coming, both in terms of bends and traffic, quite a distance ahead.

'Course there was a pillock in a Renault who wouldn't get out of my way, dead slow round the bends and accellerating faster than I could on the straights, until he had to stop for a lorry coming up :P

I might have bricked it a bit if it were wet though... :shock: :shock: :shock: