Remember this story?

davelakers
davelakers Posts: 762
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
Remember this?

Well I wonder whoever did this is a Times reader?

Horrible story.........

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    They should arrest the 'journalist' for being an accessory to murder :evil:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • boybiker
    boybiker Posts: 531
    It is incitement to murder, and the guy is clearly a pig ignorant tw@t if he thinks cyclists carry cans of drink which then then throw away.
    It would be interesting to see what the police thought of such incitement, although unless you are actually being murdered when you phone the police they are not interested.
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Trip-wire-dea ... 4311448.jp

Perhaps a sign would have been a better idea.
  • horrible story indeed. However.

What were maybe looking at is a land owner who understandably is fed up with people illegally riding trial bikes over his land. Perhaps they have made numerous calls to the police which have been met with nothing more than a few PCSO's turning up an hour later and giving out a crime number. The land owner then feels that they must take action into their own hands. Obviously in this instance the course of action was completely wrong.

On the other side we have someone who most likely knows that they are riding illegally on private land. The lack of a helmet suggests this was not exactly a responsible dirt biker.
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    On 3 January, Parris apologised, "It was meant humorously but so many cyclists have taken it seriously that I plainly misjudged. I am sorry."

Good effort, using the old "I was only joking" get-out. The man clearly has issues, but what else would you expect from an ex-Thatcherite South African? (Apologies to any South Africans in the forum, balls to any ex-Thatcherites in the forum!).
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    The ironic thing about Parris's criticism is that plastic drinks bottles don't fit most cyclists' bottle cages. Almost certainly they have been tossed out of passing cars by motorists or their passengers.