Cycling from South Poland to Slovenia - any suggestions?

Nack
Nack Posts: 61
edited August 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

My girlriend and I are going on a two-week cycling tour on 15 August, starting from somewhere in the Tatra mountains, down through Slovakia, Hungary (stay over for a day or two in Budapest) and planning on finishing at Ljubjana in Slovenia, where we'll fly back.

We are planning on taking a tent + camping equipment with us, but we would like to stay at hostels and B&Bs on the way (depending on weather :) )

Any advice on where to go, places to visit/avoid welcome 8) !

Cheers!

Comments

• Hi, did something very similar a couple of years ago though we took a month to go Gdansk to Trieste. You're probably doing well missing out Northern Poland.
    We went via Oravska Podzamok in Slovakia (impressive castle) to Martin (busy road to arrive) and then great cycling down to the two Banskas, Banska Stiavnica is a lovely town.
    Jumped on a train down to the Danube, cycled down to Budapest, and then another train over to Lake Balaton, again lovely. As was the Eastern part of Slovenia. We were a bit short of time so ending up training it to Ljubjana but the cycling along the river valley next to the train tracks looked great.
    hope this helps. You can see photos here http://www.photoblog.com/paulandnaomi/2 ... yviec.html
    from Krakow on.
    Any questions let me know and hope this helps,
    Paul