Looking for 70 - 80 mile ride in Cotswolds

Hi,

I'm looking to do a 70 - 80 mile ride this Saturday, ideally starting from Cheltenham. Also I would prefer undulating rather than a hill slog as the ride is intended to give me a endurance bust for the London Olympic Triathlon two weeks later. Thus slogging out hill after hill isn't really going to give me any benefits at this point.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Contact Cheltenham CTC and get the route of the 100 in 8 (10) that they rode last Sunday.
  • beatsystem
    beatsystem Posts: 118
    I use to ride to Oxford when I lived in Cheltenham,or to Swindon.Both good rides just one hill out of Cheltenham on the Cirencester road.
    All the best Derek Pierce
  • mrmo
    mrmo Posts: 10
    personnally i would head for Ledbury across the vale.

From Cheltenham, head out on A4019, A38, turn off through Tirley and over Severn at Haw Bridge, when the road hits the t junction turn away from Corse Lawn, first/second? right then follow the road along the foot of the malverns, turn to eastnor, climb over the ridge drop towards Ledbury. just before Ledbury turn right and climb to British Camp, drop into Malvern, Upton upon Severn, Tewkesbury, Bishops Cleeve, Gotherington, Cheltenham

It makes more sense with a map to look at, the two climbs aren't that bad, the second to British Camp is a long drag.
  • Thanks for the routes very helpful, been up British Camp a few times, I quite like that climb!