New Mountainbike Riders in Torbay

fatjock
fatjock Posts: 7
edited December 2009 in MTB rides
Any new mountainbikers out there interested in meeting up to ride on Dartmoor. I've been riding for about 8 months now (I'm a weekend warrior!!) and have come across a couple of decent routes. Anyone up for a ride on the moor in August/September? It doesn't matter if your fit or not (I'm not), it's just for fun.

Comments

• robotsuk
    robotsuk Posts: 56
    im in torquay lol, not far
  • fatjock
    Me too. It looks like it will be mid August that I will be back in the saddle and up on the moor. Took a bit of a flying lesson last time out and have done my ribs, but can't wait to get back to it. Thinking of doing about 15-20 mile loop, interested?
  • Torquay rider here.

I'm definately up for a Dartmoor ride, just done a good ride from Mortenhampstead to Torquay a few weeks ago, some great off road / XC.

Plenty of local rides available in our area if anyone fancies meeting up one evening ?
  • fatjock
    I'd be interested in the local rides.

I'm thinking about either August 16/17or 23/24 for the Dartmoor ride.
    My thoughts on the route are:
    Park up and start at Hound Tor - Jays Grave - Grimspound - Sousson Wood then back to Hound Tor.

Any other suggestions?
  • Im, a bit stuck for those two weekends (wifes birthday and wedding anniversary - wouldn't make me too popular !!) Another good ride is the Dartmoor Freewheeler (costs £5), takes you to Mortenhampstead and then a great ~20 mile ride back down, some great off road and downhill (did it the other week).

If you fancy a ride locally on evening drop me an email to thebigdog 'at' blueyonder.co.uk

Later,
    Dan.
  • Pictures from this weekends ride around Torquay, great little water feature :P

DSC00276.jpg

DSC00274.jpg
  • i would be up for regular meets and know a few other guys who are fairly local who are also looking for other local people to ride with.

send me an email or add me to msn and we can sort something out

andytaylor60@hotmail.com

cheers

andy
    2007 SPECIALIZED FSR XC COMP - sold
    2008 CANNONDALE F6 - CUSTOM BUILD - sold
    2008 TREK EX 9.5 - sold
    2010 SPECIALIZED ALLEZ ELITE
    2011 On One 456
    more coming soon!
  • devbrix
    devbrix Posts: 127
    Hi
    Where is this picture taken, doesn't look familiar? Intersted to know to try out a new route in the Bay.

You might want to try the ride around Noss woods which is my local ride - Brixham to Knigswear loop - has some good fast and technical bits. Its at http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... 2f035006a3

Only small bits are bridleway so be polite to walkers and horses!

Would be up for a local ride and night ride if anyones interested?
    David
    All of these things....
  • Hi mate,
    I dont know how old this threadin but hope someone round this area is still up for meets. I used to live in Torquay but now live in Plymouth, but can travae back up there as i deal with bikinmotion. Im a loan rider but want to ride with lads. Get in touch if this thread is still active.
    Love the off road! :wink:
    Thanks Matt
    Only the strong survive.... Keep low move fast