Am I Normal?

Nuggs
Nuggs Posts: 1,804
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
Since buying a few OS maps yesterday, I've been scouring them for 20%+ gradient hills, just so I can see if I can climb them.

This sadomasochistic attitude doesn't strike me as particularly healthy.

Is this normal behaviour?

Comments

• ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...it's good to come onto the forum to say these things...you are among people who understand...no, it's not normal...all the people on the forum are not normal...cycling gets up the noses of "normal people"...be proud...be not normal...I must go now as my medication is ready...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    Completely normal. Nothing better than single or even better, double chevron, hunting. Nothing like finding a new hill challenge then planning a route to get there and back.
  • boybiker
    boybiker Posts: 531
    Who wants to be normal anyway?
    Normal is doing what you are told ,not making a fuss and not upsetting the other residents, bollocks to that.
    The gear changing, helmet wearing fule.
    FCN :- -1
    Given up waiting for Fast as Fupp to start stalking me
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    Normal would be doing them on fixed
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    Nuggs wrote:
    Since buying a few OS maps yesterday, I've been scouring them for 20%+ gradient hills, just so I can see if I can climb them.

This sadomasochistic attitude doesn't strike me as particularly healthy.

Is this normal behaviour?

No. Normal is scouring OS maps for 20% plus gradient hills to avoid them! :D
    On the old C+ forum one of the posters had a signature, which I always liked and I feel is relevant to this topic:

"Not like you and proud of it"