Newbie saying hello.

C12HLL
C12HLL Posts: 2
edited July 2008 in MTB beginners
Alright guys,

Just bought myself an Iron horse maverick 3.0 after a day of wandering round Glasgow's bikeshops.
Had my first ride this morning and realised i haven't done a bit of excercise since i left my gym a year ago. Felt better for doing something about it though.

What is it they say?? No pain no gain.:lol:

Just saying hello and hope to speak to some of you soon.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Hello and welome!

The pain does get better. Ish ;-)
  • xtremedash
    xtremedash Posts: 182
    Learn to love the pain, that way going up can be fun too!
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • switchback18
    switchback18 Posts: 617
    The pain only gets less if you get the chance to ride with less fit people... otherwise you just ride faster.
  • deeptheory
    deeptheory Posts: 76
    The pain only gets less if you get the chance to ride with less fit people... otherwise you just ride faster.

that is indeed true. however imo there is nothing better than the feeling when you realise you've gone up another notch on the fitness level if you get me? the hard work makes it worth while especially if your losing weight at the same time.
  • Did you get the Iron Horse from Alpine Bikes?

You should join Glasgow Mountain Bike Club, they're a great bunch who ride up at Mugdock park on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I try and make it along when I can.
  • switchback18
    switchback18 Posts: 617
    deeptheory wrote:

that is indeed true. however imo there is nothing better than the feeling when you realise you've gone up another notch on the fitness level if you get me? the hard work makes it worth while especially if your losing weight at the same time.

Yeh, you're right - I was actually sort of trying to be encouraging in a weird way - meaning don't worry if you still feel tired on rides, it's just because you're riding faster, not because you're level's staying the same.