Hit The North

Spinner28
Spinner28 Posts: 58
edited July 2008 in XC and Enduro
Anyone out there ride that 12-hour bog fest of insanity otherwise know as "Hit The North" last Saturday in Greater Manchester?
The best sheep are in N.Yorks

Comments

• SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    Yeah, was riding as a male pair. Excellent organisation and event for their first attempt. The course was very good too but I think the decision to still run the bomb hole in those conditions was asking for trouble...it was dangerous in my opinion....ask the lad with his femur sticking out through his leg I'm sure he'll agree. Aside from that it was fantastic, the conditions were the conditions...pure clagging mud...but nothing could be done about that so you had to just get on with it and dig deep from the start :)

Nice to see the usual trade stands, a mechanic and PowerBar giving away free juice all day (Jenn O'Connor even gave me a free water bottle as I left my entire collection at home :) )...and who could forget....a beer tent for when you dragged your carcass over the line and wanted to down a few cold beers and compare wounds :D

Well done all involved...oh and the food was excellent too.

Does anyone know where the results or photos are on the web?

Si
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk
  • Spinner28
    Spinner28 Posts: 58
    Yeah I saw the guy with the leg, I was in a team of four(which became a team of three after one member twisted their knee!), I was on my 1st lap & I saw all the paramedics around him. So yes I think the bomb-hole was a tad treacherous, I saw many other minor crashes down there.
    But yes a good event.
    The best sheep are in N.Yorks
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I was also in a team of four, that got reduced to a team of 3. It was a bit of a mud-fest...although I did ride the bomb-hole, including the last lap in the dark - TBH the trail was so cut up by then, I'd have had a soft landing if I stacked...

Olivercoatsphotography.co.uk has some pics from the event. I can't find the results anywhere yet...
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Results are in:

http://www.hitthenorth.net/results/Hitt ... esults.pdf

Team Cake finished 9th. :D
  • mxc070
    mxc070 Posts: 77
    I do not think the lad that broke his leg was on the bomb hole, I think it was on the chicken run!!!!