Headphones on mobile

davecooper
davecooper Posts: 290
edited July 2008 in Campaign
I want to use my Nokia 6500 mobile for playing mp3's while on my trainer (I don't listen when I am riding). The phone doesn't have an earphone socket as such but it has an "enhancements" socket that takes a 4 way jack plug. Is this the socket that is used for earphones. I asume that I would have to use earphones fitted with this type of plug or use an adaptor. The book for the phone does not mention earphones at all.
The only mention of this socket is for connecting the phone to a TV. Is this what is known as a Smartphone socket?

Comments

• teulk
    teulk Posts: 557
    Boardman Team 09 HT
    Orbea Aqua TTG CT 2010
    Specialized Secteur Elite 2011
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    You've got to use the 2.5mm jack Nokia headphones that came with it (or buy replacements if they didn't). You can get adapters to 3.5mm, ie standard, but they may not work with your phone. Just get a cheap mp3 player imo, far less hassle.
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    I ride listening to the MP3 player on my phone. I brought a 4 GB memory card from play, holds about 1000 tracks. Just don't turn it past the lowest volume so that I can still hear traffic. :lol:
    Justice for the 96
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    What about these.

I got my earphones from here, I would order from them again.

It usually works out cheaper to order in US dollers then UK pound, that's what I done.