Favourite tipple

Dazzza
Dazzza Posts: 2,364
edited September 2008 in The Crudcatcher
Nothing better then coming back from a good ride to neck down your favourite bevvie, like now funnily enouugh. ;)

Mine is innis & gunn whiskey aged beer mmmmmm

What's yours then?

http://www.innisandgunn.com/
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Giant Anthem X

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A good cold continental lager - Stella is good, but latest favourite is a beer called Veltins.
  • Yeti575
    Yeti575 Posts: 291
    It's got to be an ice cold bottle of Stella, or Grolsch, or 1664, or Export, or Carling etc,etc,etc!!
    If it's not a Yeti, it's not worth riding!
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Skinners Betty Stoggs for most occasions.

Becks Vier when in lager mode (very rarely)

Laphroig when it spirits mode (also rarely)

A variety of old world wines to suit the right food when eating.

Drinking is BRILLIANT! :D
  • supersonic
    Do like Vier, nice tasting for a lowish strength lager.

Alcohol is good: it is a preservative, so keeps you young looking ;-)
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    Newcastle Brown, nowt be'r tha' a bottle of dog.
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • That Inniss and Gunn is tasty stuff, but for me it's Black Sheep Riggwelter.

I've started drinking a lot more lager than I used to when I go out, mainly because the bitter in a lot of bars just sits in the pipes for weeks and tastes like gash, but I go for the continental stuff if I can and avoid the Carling/Fosters piss water.

I do like a nice camp bottle of rose wine to get me started off on a night out!
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • supersonic
    Riggwelter is lethal! But goooooood.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    currently having a bottle of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Matt

love the concept of drinking modes :lol:

For me it's a nice cold bottle of Budweiser, never used to like lager, always drank bitter (or mild when I was a student, cheaper and not so strong), until a holiday in the Canaries. Tastes better out of a bottle too, don't know why just does.

Like a nice glass of red as well, preferably new world, trouble is the missus hardly drinks so if I open a bottle I have to finish it all :shock:

For spirits mode it'd be Edradour single malt, b*gger to get hold of, can only get it in the distillery in Pitlochry, Selfridges in London, the houses of parliment (they do a special one for the House of lords) and for some weird reason Byrnes wine merchants in Clitheroe (which handily enough is where I work, Clitheroe not Byrnes).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    stumpyjon
    my local has a full selection of Edradour, still not desiced on it though. need to try more of them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Pint Guiness, unless it's boiling hot then it's an ice cold Bulmers dry Cider. Spirit has got to be a Bushmills single malt in double measures.

Also got a thing for Mojito's at the moment don't knock it til you've tried it.

Stumpyjon, I had a nice Edradour malt last night from the Un-chill filtered collection, nice but no Bushmills. Picked it up 2 years ago at Pitlochry.
  • Surf-Matt
    Mojitos are nice - but rarely made with the proper cachasa (sp?) rum - which they should be.

Stumpyjon - very important to drink the right booze at the right time.
    Two cans of cold Vier went down a treat yesterday on a sunny secluded beach accessible only by boat :lol: 8) Bit burnt today though :oops:
  • realnumber 1
    realnumber 1 Posts: 675
    On a hot day after a good ride you can't beat a decent cold lager.
    If just going to the pub for a few then real ale is always good. Love the tim taylors landloard.
    Spirits wise I don't have very often but always like to have a bottle of Absinthe in for those special occasions.
  • Dazzza
    That Inniss and Gunn is tasty stuff, but for me it's Black Sheep Riggwelter.

Just bought me 2 bottles of black sheep, good stuff, quite stong and deceptive for an ale, it has a dark coffee/chocolate taste to me cheers for that another favourite added. :)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Well, just to add a girlie view to the discussion.... can't beat a G&T (Gordons of course :wink: ) or a good glass of wine. Or a nice glass of Pimms in the summer, with strawberries and mint :D

A chilled beer ocassionally, but i'm not used to drinking it anymore and such a lightweight that it generally gets rather messy.... :oops:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Surf-Matt
    Naah - Bombay Saphire is nicer! :lol:
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    Brakspear Triple

mmm.
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • Dazzza
    Oh god i tried that one along with the black sheep riggwelter.

Very strong for an ale but very very nice, dammit gonna buy a couple methinks.
    Giant Anthem X
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    pint of discovery or decent local cider,

glass of pimms at henley, but you have to take out a morgage against your kidney to afford it!

or ardbeg renaissance if i want something a bit stiff.

Quite fond of 42 below too

and the sliver mercedes at the living room in oxford, a cocktail made with mango sorbet, it is to die for!
  • Bones!!
    Bones!! Posts: 83
    Dazzza wrote:
    Oh god i tried that one along with the black sheep riggwelter.

Very strong for an ale but very very nice, dammit gonna buy a couple methinks.

Nice to know some people around here appreciate a quality ale. mmmmm staff discount :P
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, unless you already know the answer!
  • supersonic
    You can send me a few down!
  • Bones!!
    Save the postage lol am going to Rotherham on Saturday :D
  • supersonic
    Rotherham, oh well, good luck!!!
  • Bones!!
    I survived scruffy Sheffield :twisted: twice in the last month, sure i can manage Rotherham. :lol:
  • supersonic
    I am from the leafy green bits of Sheffield! Rotherham is just grey concrete bits lol
  • Amos
    Amos Posts: 438
    Guiness, or some Real Ale.

I can't hack drinking beers like Fosters, Stella, Carlsberg much anymore, too much fizz!
  • Surf-Matt
    I love Adams Ale

Adnams ale?!
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    either fosters, or more recentyl, brains beer. however i dont thinks its sold anywhere other than wales. :(
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    Brains is awesome! I'm more drawn to Brains Dark than SA though. I've only ever seen it once outside of Wales, in Manchester asa guest ale.

Bones!! wrote:
    I survived scruffy Sheffield :twisted: twice in the last month, sure i can manage Rotherham. :lol:

You have no idea..... :twisted:
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless