Crocs - any fans of these?

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
Interesting article here: http://tiny.cc/dILcw

Does anyone use them?

Seem ideal for post ride/race relaxation.
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• Rob Sallnow
    Rob Sallnow Posts: 6,279
    941,000+ members can't be wrong!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204667614
    I'd rather walk than use Shimano
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    my missus has a pair of the regular crocs and a pair of the crocs brand flip-flops (which look much better)
    My 4yr old has the regular design crocs but with the disney 'mickey-ears' cutouts and full of disney "jibbitz' (which cost as much as the shoes - the crocs are well cheap in america - like $25 (£12))
    even my 16-month old has crocs sandles things - they all seem to love them

I won't be seen dead in the damn things though - they look awful
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    but really confortable and indestructable, not what you'd wear to go to the pub in but great for on rocks at the beach or staggering up the garden beer in hand mid barbeque (what ever one of those is this summer)
  • Mog Uk
    Mog Uk Posts: 964
    :oops:

I own 2 pairs, by far the comfiest things ever to grace my feet...
  • Roadbike
    Roadbike Posts: 23
    I'm with Mog, comfiest footwear I own. Mine are black and feel amazing after pushing the pedals 100+ miles. Definitely get a pair for post-ride!
  • CraigH
    CraigH Posts: 321
    I bought a pair of chinese copies for 5 euors..
    Amazing, the only time i have anything differnet on my feet is wheni am riding or in work..
    possibly the best 5 euros i have ever spent.
  • carlstone
    carlstone Posts: 602
    Hi
    Another vote here. Got a pair of copies from Asda for £4.00. Very comfy, the only problem I find is that I need to wear socks with them (not a good look but hey-ho) as they dry my feet out.
    Carl.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Hideous things. My boss wears an orange pair with a football jibbitz around the office, makes me want to throw up.
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Another hate vote here eventhough there seem to be at least a dozen pairs of various sizes and colours in my house!!!
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    DV360428.jpg

“Booooo!”

Perhaps the crowd was commenting on his choice of footwear rather than the drugs thing.
  • muggomagic
    muggomagic Posts: 39
    edited July 2008
    Now we know why he was really kicked off the tour.

Saunier Duval were too ashamed to admit the truth, so they made up some drug story to cover up the hideous lady/childs footwear scandal.

My daughter wears Crocs, and that's fine by me, cos she is a 7 year old girl. Why grown men think it's ok is beyond me. They are just the modern equivelent of jelly shoes. If you want to wear sandals buy some

Birkenstocks
    ARIZONBN.jpg

or

Merrels
    1188.jpg
  • Pongo
    Pongo Posts: 28
    I'm with Mog and Roadbike. Like walking on cloud.