North Devon

downhiller90
downhiller90 Posts: 300
edited July 2008 in MTB rides
Well I am off on my holidays tomorrow and am going to North Devon. Barnstable is the nearest big town. Any good riding areas around there? Anything from trails to DH really. Not DJ though. 30 40miles is about the maximum i want to travel.

Comments

• FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 925
    I can't recommend any trails etc but can assure you even the road runs are terrific!
    I did a loop every other day starting at Woolacombe-Ilfracombe via B3230-Lower Slade-Higher Slade-Lincombe-Lee-Mortehoe and the scenery is fantastic, the hills will have you gasping and the descents are mega.

Enjoy your holiday!
    Powered by Haribo. Zwift convert P.aul Laws [x]
  • Exmoor is on your doorstep, plenty of riding there. Unfortunatley I'm from South Devon so don't know any specific Exmoor trails. Have a search of google, there shou;d be quite a few routes out there (and alos on this site).

About 40 miles away in Lustleigh woods, great DH and singletrack, worth a visit (wil take you an hour drive each way) - I ride there quite often. It's about the furthest North I can recommend riding.
  • downhiller90
    downhiller90 Posts: 300
    Thansk for the input. Lustleigh still looks a bit far, perhapes 20-30miles is the limit. Unfortunatly havign strict parents kinda restricts how far i can travel, and i don't much fancy a road ride. Haven't been off road in months now. Also you try a long road ride on a 40lb "Extreme XC" bike!