Poor Old Dwain

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited August 2008 in Campaign
His Olympics will be spent watching it on the BBC

glad to see the High Court has bounced this cheat out of the Olympics
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Good.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I hope he doesnt seek leave to appeal. I hope he just accepts it and walks away to the NFL or the wrong rugby code.
  • spen666
    I hope he doesnt seek leave to appeal. I hope he just accepts it and walks away to the NFL or the wrong rugby code.

his appeal (if any)for an injunction would have to be heard by the end of business today as the team is picked for the Olympics this weekend

So the chances of it being heard are very small and therefore it is unlikely he would appeal

Twittering @spen_666
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    spen666 wrote:

his appeal (if any)for an injunction would have to be heard by the end of business today as the team is picked for the Olympics this weekend

So the chances of it being heard are very small and therefore it is unlikely he would appeal

I've seen that he's likely to appeal despite the team selection going ahead soon - think its a case of if he is successful the slowest sprinter picked for the team will be bumped. Think this could occur at anypoint up until the actual race if what the report said was true.
  • spen666
    jam1e wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

I've seen that he's likely to appeal despite the team selection going ahead soon - think its a case of if he is successful the slowest sprinter picked for the team will be bumped. Think this could occur at anypoint up until the actual race if what the report said was true.

I think you are mistaken here as the BOA have to nominate team to the IOC by Sunday. After that, even if BOA change their mind ( or court force them to change their mind) the IOC will refuse to allow any change.

The IOC are not a party to this case and are not based in Eng & Wales, so the decision of the court is irrelevant to the IOC. The BOA are the respondents in this case

also - this is on the BBC Report
    Chambers still has the right of appeal - although it would have to be heard before the end of play on Friday - but the option is looking increasingly unlikely after the judge's ruling left him with little room for manoeuvre.

Twittering @spen_666
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    That does leave him slightly fooked then. :D
  • spen666
    jam1e wrote:
    That does leave him slightly fooked then. :D

I'm heartbroken for him

Wht's that saying...something about ...if you can't do the time, don't do the crime....

Twittering @spen_666
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    Wrong ? Oh you mean the exciting type of rugby which doesn't just involve kicking the ball into touch all the time ? It was just a publicity stunt though wasn't it .

The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "the wrong rugby code."

Nice! Don't see that sort of good ol' fashioned class war much these days!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Aussie Rules.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    cheating bast**d got wot he deserved he should be banned from all athletics he then wants people to feel sorry for him "tosser"! :evil:
    cheesy quaver
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    Drug cheats should be banned for life.
    Justice for the 96
  • Think this should be pushed to all sports then we wouldn't have to listen to the likes of David Millar banging on about being an advocate for cheats.HIGH ROAD my arse!!!!!!!!
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    If a sports person is found to have used drugs, I think any company that has either sponsored them, or paid them in anyway, should be able to sue them to recover any money, or goods they've receiced. If the chance of them loosing money, or their flash life style being taken away from them, they might think twice about cheating. :twisted:
    Justice for the 96
  • Yeah, agreeing with 1892 with this, and is there even a jail term for using drugs in sport?
    http://www.southwestbiking.tk/

Norco 125 Custom Build + 90's Peugeot Road Bike