"Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be.....

DavidBelcher
DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
edited August 2008 in The bottom bracket
.....Fabian Cancellara". Well, not me personally, but the bloke riding the '10' that I did last night who was off at no. 13 and pinned his number on upside-down as per the superstitious Swiss rider. Any other tales of trying to imitate the pros using ideas nicked of the telly [1] out there?

David

[1] After watching the Boardman documentary this week, I'm now seriously tempted to get my Look KG241 re-finished in the CA colour scheme. It was the one I originally wanted in any case, but had to make do with Kelme-Costa Blanca day-glo yellow/blue at the time. :(
"It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal

Comments

• idaviesmoore
    idaviesmoore Posts: 557
    I had the CA colour Look-it looked the biz

Do It!!!
    'How can an opinion be bullsh1t?' High Fidelity
  • bill57
    bill57 Posts: 454
    I remember Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple - who is right handed - playing a left handed Strat upside down a la Hendrix. Which was a bit stupid as he wasn't too terrible himself.
  • broachboy
    broachboy Posts: 429
    ..... After watching the Boardman documentary this week, I'm now seriously tempted to get my Look KG241 re-finished in the CA colour scheme.

:roll: just don't wear a yellow jersey while riding it then, CA Looks had a tendancy to aim for dry stone walling while being ridden in yellow :lol::lol::wink:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018
  • > CA Looks had a tendancy to aim for dry stone walling while being ridden in yellow

Pedant here says that was a team GAN Merckx...

http://www.jamd.com:80/image/g/1637116

:wink:
  • broachboy
    broachboy Posts: 429
    :shock: I stand corrected :oops:

:wink:
    Regards

Andy B

Colnago Active 2004

Guerciotti Alero 2008

Cinelli Vigorelli Road 2018

Colnago C60 PLWH 2018