bianchi 928 c2c or colnago arte

ianjaytee
ianjaytee Posts: 46
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
which is best for middle diastnces 50 miles (in comfort) on poor tarmac hilly roads. Any suggestions for anything else? what about lesser knowns Vinier and Wilier carbons both about £1500

Comments

• Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    No experience of riding any, but the Colnago looks a tad pricey for the spec. I suspect your paying extra for the stickers.
  • digitaria
    digitaria Posts: 149
    I agree. The Colnago is a carbon / alu mix and the Bianchi is full carbon. The c2c range is designed for distance riding in comfort, so should suit your purposes. You could consider a Wilier Mortirolo for similar money - the Wilier Izoard is very nice, but maybe a bit out of budget. And since these are all Italian bikes, it would be wrong not to get Campag. :wink:

Whatever you get, you need to test ride and get the fit right.
  • acorn_user
    acorn_user Posts: 1,137
    Well, you could get a Brian Rourke custom steel frame with a nice component group like Veloce or Centaur. The frame would probably be a bit heavier, but maybe you could cut weight from the components... Just another option :) I would try and ride them before getting fixated on any bike, but I never follow my own advice!