Has anyone ridden in Epping Forest?

chrisp
chrisp Posts: 187
edited July 2008 in MTB rides
Hi,

The nearest big potential trail area to me is Epping Forest and I've been thinking about taking a look for some time.

The question is, where to start? Is there a particular car park or something that leads to the trails? And from there, where's worth riding?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris.

I'm a downhiller trapped in a trail rider's pain threshold

Comments

• NYK
    NYK Posts: 30
    Just started riding there myself and it is awesome. Way too many trails to pick from so the best idea is to go with a group who know it like I did. Check out "Heales Cycles" website they ride it as a group on sun morns.
  • forgotrafe
    forgotrafe Posts: 637
    I grew up with Heales Cycles as my LBS! Totally different shop back then, had to be experienced to be believed.

My brother, Brett, still lives down that way and rides with them on a Sunday. Thoroughly enjoys it, though it meant he "had" to buy a very expensive full susser :)

There's also Epping Hard Cru. Brother hasn't ridden with them but the person I did one-to-one training with also gave them some training. Apparently it's a silly name as they're "middle aged" and not hard at all! Probably worth looking them up also, they have a website/forum.
  • rikk
    rikk Posts: 734
    Pop over an say Hi http://www.eppinghardcru.co.uk/Forums.html

We don't just ride epping but all over, hainault/thorndon/thetford/bedgebury...

Check out the ride forum as we're at Epping on Sunday, so come and play. Oh yes and as above we're not that hard, and cheeky bastid about the middle age bit...a few of us are well past that ;)

Here's a photo of a few of us to show you just how ard we are, I'm fairly easy to spot ;)

I really must try and not look so camp in photo's

300204704_kxJu5-M.jpg
  • cyberil
    cyberil Posts: 13
    Start from High Beech at Karl's Tea Hut - from there all the major trails branch out and there's plenty of MTBers to team up with.