I've Been Naughty!

Slipknotjonny
Slipknotjonny Posts: 197
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
I've just been out and bought my dream De Rosa.

Mind you I've auctioned my entire life on ebay to pay for it, now just got to convince the mrs that it came from the Halfords '4 stone mountain bike' for 40 quid sale :wink:

Wish me luck!
weight.png

Comments

• tenbar
    tenbar Posts: 94
    Tell her you won it in a raffle!
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    or that you found it - that might work!

Come on then - which model have you bought? - spec? - pictures?
  • XTCRider
    XTCRider Posts: 113
    Just tell her De Rosa is one of the cheapest makes you can get
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtcrider/sets/72057594126938720/

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike, I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    please back up your claim with some pics my good man
  • claash
    claash Posts: 145
    You could always a trick we women use when having purchased an expensive dress/outfit/pair of shoes..........(and the guilt is starting to hit!)

...............Hide it for approx 4 weeks. Taking it out to look at it /play with when it is safe to do so and then (after said amount of time) start to use it openly IF she asks when you bought it/ how much it was: you've had it ages, decided to give it a bit of a revamp not too expensive and now love it to bits....... :wink::wink:

(Maybe I shouldn't be giving away our tricks of the trade!!) :D
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    claash wrote:
    You could always a trick we women use when having purchased an expensive dress/outfit/pair of shoes..........(and the guilt is starting to hit!)

...............Hide it for approx 4 weeks. Taking it out to look at it /play with when it is safe to do so and then (after said amount of time) start to use it openly IF she asks when you bought it/ how much it was: you've had it ages, decided to give it a bit of a revamp not too expensive and now love it to bits....... :wink::wink:

<Frantically scribbles notes> This stuff is pure GOLD, Thank you :wink::lol:

Cheers

chris :)

EDIT: @ slipknotjonny, Good luck mate, you're gonna need it ;)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    I wish you the best of luck!

I'm pining for a Pinarello... I wonder if I'll be able to hide it amongst all the other bikes I've got...
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    claash wrote:

Bloody hell! You're me!
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    To quote soemone on here - itsd i easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    I'd suggest a separate online bank account- no paper trail!

The trick is to start moaning about your old bike well in advance, gradually let yourself be seen perusing websites/magazines; tell her how good the new bike is going to be; pretend that something on the old bike is now broken; lie about the price (you know it's really worth it)- all these bikes look the same to her anyway.

I hope you come out of this unscathed :lol:
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Tell her you're looking after it for a friend who has gone to live overseas.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Just get divorced then you can do what you want, worked for me! :)
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    If you want you could tell her it's mine.

By the way I want it back :lol:
    Justice for the 96
  • fezzyboy
    fezzyboy Posts: 6
    If I could chuck in my 2 pence...

A technique I use regularly is to go to the pub, comsume an appropriate amount of Incohallick bever-age, (this should be gauged on age, weight, height, practice/tolerance and how much cash you blew!!!) . Stop for a kebab on the way home and when you get in ,(Get in late, preferably a week/work day), scoff kebab and head for the bedroom mumbling about "a good time" and "best 30 seconds of her life".

Mrs slipknotjonny will be "asleep" ( !!!!!! ) , at which point you turn on a bedroom light noisily crash around the bedroom getting semi undressed light off, then slip under the duvet.....

Now the tricky part, nudge her in the back and when she fails to rouse (this is inevitable as she believes it would have dire consequences) tell her that you've bought a new bike, You feel bad etc, BUT whatever you say after that end with " I'm so lucky to have found you..I love you.."

Her quandry.... you've told her but she was "asleep" she now knows about your indiscretion .. you know she knows... she knows you know she knows.. but despite that whatever it cost she now believes that even though she was asleep, you said all the right things and had no devious motive in mind (Ha, as If)

She will at some point comment (not ask) about the bike and say you deserve it or sommat similar, she won't mind a bit... bearing in mind you love her and she (in her mind ) had a lucky escape that night !!!!!

Sure fire works evert time..................................... :lol:

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single turn of the pedals. ;-)
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    lots of flowers (picked from your neighbour's garden (to save the pennies :D ) :twisted: :P
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Hide it under the pillow then tell her you've lost a tooth.
  • azzerb
    azzerb Posts: 208
    Say you've had that bike all along, and then question why she doesn't take a big enough interest in one of your passions, and how you're expected to notice the slightest thing (like a change in hue of a £15 lipstick) yet she can't put any attention into your biggest hobby and second biggest love of your life.

Attack is the best form of defence. :lol:
  • synchronicity
    synchronicity Posts: 1,415
    azzerb wrote:
    Say you've had that bike all along, and then question why she doesn't take a big enough interest in one of your passions, and how you're expected to notice the slightest thing (like a change in hue of a £15 lipstick) yet she can't put any attention into your biggest hobby and second biggest love of your life.

I like this approach best of all! :lol:

(I might just be able to pull it off as well... :lol:
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    You could treat her to another pair of shoes or something else she likes, when you've got her in a good mood then tell her :lol:
    Justice for the 96
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    azzerb wrote:

I like this one best. It'll never work but it reads well :D
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    fezzyboy wrote:
    If I could chuck in my 2 pence...

A technique I use regularly is to go to the pub, comsume an appropriate amount of Incohallick bever-age, (this should be gauged on age, weight, height, practice/tolerance and how much cash you blew!!!) . Stop for a kebab on the way home and when you get in ,(Get in late, preferably a week/work day), scoff kebab and head for the bedroom mumbling about "a good time" and "best 30 seconds of her life".

Mrs slipknotjonny will be "asleep" ( !!!!!! ) , at which point you turn on a bedroom light noisily crash around the bedroom getting semi undressed light off, then slip under the duvet.....

Now the tricky part, nudge her in the back and when she fails to rouse (this is inevitable as she believes it would have dire consequences) tell her that you've bought a new bike, You feel bad etc, BUT whatever you say after that end with " I'm so lucky to have found you..I love you.."

Her quandry.... you've told her but she was "asleep" she now knows about your indiscretion .. you know she knows... she knows you know she knows.. but despite that whatever it cost she now believes that even though she was asleep, you said all the right things and had no devious motive in mind (Ha, as If)

She will at some point comment (not ask) about the bike and say you deserve it or sommat similar, she won't mind a bit... bearing in mind you love her and she (in her mind ) had a lucky escape that night !!!!!

Sure fire works evert time..................................... :lol:

f*** me I can't understand that but it does sound brilliant and another great excuse to go to the pub - my Hero :lol::lol::lol: