waterproof paclite

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
anyone know of a good lightweight jacket which is 100% waterproof i have a ron hill one at moment but i recently was on the 3 counties ride and got very wet after a while, it rained for over 45 miles of the 63 mile ride

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    same here mate. I did the 3C and was soaked to the bone at the end. First thing I did when I got home was order a Altura Strada Race Cape Waterproof Jacket. It fits in one of the back pockets in my cycling jersey with some room for a CO2 Pump so its not too big
    cartoon.jpg
  • LeighB
    LeighB Posts: 326
    Did 3CC 200k and spent most of the day wet. I set off with a waterproof on but after 20 miles the rain stopped so I took it off and never bothered to put it back on. I had a helly hansen base layer with a short sleeve cycling shirt and even though I was wet my temperature was fine and I felt ok. I find wearing waterproofs you end up wet with sweat so as long as you are not cold I don't think its that important. Regarding your other post, my feet get wet with overshoes as the water runs off my legs into my shoes.