Voodoo Limba

coscolai
coscolai Posts: 8
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
Folks, I freely admit I'm trawling for opinions here. I'm considering getting a cyclocross ( or cyclocross like! ) bike for general purpose on and off road use through the winter. I don't plan on touring or commuting so I don't really need racks ( would be nice though ) and intend to do some on road training while still being free to head through the woods and bridleways. My shortlist so far includes the Kona Jake, Specialized Tricross and Planet X Kaffenbach which should sorta set the scene. All was going well until I saw a Voodoo Limba in Bikehut. It looks lovely but I have been able to find out very little about it even after some pretty intense googling. I know a fair bit about Voodoo but nothing about the Limba.

Has anybody here got any experience or opinions on this bike? I'd be very grateful for any and all opinions. I have room for only one bike so it has to be an all rounder (and an informed decision!).

Comments

• Juju_uk_68
    Juju_uk_68 Posts: 90
    It looks a nice bike. - I was on the cusp of considering a cyclocross bike.

If only it was for sale at a decent bike shop. See how the Voodoo site give 6 frame sizes from 51 to 61, but Halfords in disguise will only sell you 2, the 54 and 56 sizes. So thats anyone less than 5'19 ? Size discrimination rules at Bikehut. Everywhere I go (ok only the Brighton and Dorking stores admittedly) they only want to sell bikes to tall people.

Its like M&S - who have a great range of clothes but can never get their ordering sorted out and never have normal size trousers in stock, in the 30- 34 range. however, if your some kind of Biffa with a 42 waist, M&S will I guarantee, have your elephantine size in stock.

Honestly, they wonder why theres a retail slump. if you dont have a full range, you miss out on large percentages of poeple who would like to actually buy the product.

The sooner Bikehut is managed by someone who knows about bikes and not sat navs and alloys for Vauxhall Corsas the better.
    Bianchi c2c Alu Nirone 7 Xenon (2007) Road
    Orange P7 (1999) Road
    Diamond Back Snr Pro (1983) BMX
    Diamond BackSIlver Streak (1983) BMX

Oh, and BMX is the *ultimate* single speed.