Newbie with a question?

payney11
payney11 Posts: 6
edited August 2008 in MTB beginners
How do,

i have a question that im hoping someone will be able to answer or advise me on.

fairly new to mountain biking and am replacing my bike, but on a budget. i have found a Giant Yukon '07 - Cable Disc, Front suspension £250.
when i have looked for reviews i have found that there are 2 different bikes for the same year under the Giant Yukon name?

the one im looking at has a dropped top tube with gusset frame and is '07.
http://www.jejamescycles.com/specificat ... kon07.html

the one i can find reviews on, however, is a traditional frame but is still '07.
http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bik ... 280/29353/

am i right in asuming that there was a reshaped model half way through the range of '07?

any help, advise or comments would be very much appreciated.

Cheers[/url]

Comments

• Kyrotek
    Kyrotek Posts: 48
    Looking at the bikes you've linked, they look like they are both the Yukon FX series rather than the standard Yukon. Have you seen teh bike in person or got a picture? That would help identify teh particular model you're researching.

I have the '08 model Yukon as featured in June's MBUK budget bike test, a great budget beginners bike which features sus forks and discs.
    Don't get too close as a broken tail light often offends...
  • Thanks for the info.

in the end i went for the '07 version with the dropped top tube with gusset frame and is '07.

have had it for over a month now, and its regularly used. its fantasic and i can't fault it!
    disc brakes take some getting used to after Cantilever brakes. BUT a good helmet saves any seroius injury :D

As a helpful point to any other newbies lookin for potential sites to get a bike from, i can't fault the comapany i brought my bike from, Paul's cycles.
    i ordered the bike late on the wednesday evening and it arrived first thing on the friday morning! and they have some crackin deals just like my Yukon trail '07!