fausto coppi road bike

hitchen92
hitchen92 Posts: 264
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
Hi

I wonder if anyone could tell me if anyone has used/been on a fausto coppi road bike. I have spotted it in a LBS for £275 2nd hand and I believe it to be around £600 new. I have pretty minimal information but it has Shimano T... something gears and STI's but no carbon forks or "rear end". If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate some help!

Thanks

Comments

• The gears would be Shimano Tiagra, which is a reasonable spec.

The bike may have been £600 when new, but £600 would buy you a much better spec nowadays, particularly carbon forks instead of the harsh aluminium or heavy steel forks . You may be able to get the same spec for £450 new these days so £275 may not be such good value s/h

It may be an idea to ask the LBS to quote a price for replacing the forks with carbon, alternatively look around on the private s/h market

Oh, and make sure it fits properly

Good luck
    I want to climb hills so badly;
    and I climb hills so badly
  • I had a Coppi Campionissimo for a few years-it was a top of the range model in the sense that it was high specced on a basic enough aluminium/carbon forked frame.
    The Coppi rode fine, just had damn ugly welding on the tubes and a fairly unfashionable paint job.
    I dunno what the deal is with Coppis estate with regard to the use of his name but I know that the Coppi name is a bike brand in the states, although I suspect different to that which we had here in the UK and Ireland.
    O and the wheels were Gipiemme Techno, heavy but solid, not that common as far as I know outside of Italy where theyre made.
    Spesh Works Roubaix '10
    28 Charolais and counting.