trek, ridley or bianchi???

karl101
karl101 Posts: 4
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
hey all, im a complete beginer to road biking, looking for some thing around £500 to get me going and to cycle to the gym on.
ive limited my choices down to three and would like some advice on which one you would recommend to get. the three bikes are as follows.....

1.Bianchi Via Nirone Sora Black 2008

2.Trek 1.2 triple road bike 2008.

3. Ridley EOS road bike 2008.

any one????? cheers

Comments

• babyshambles
    babyshambles Posts: 149
    trek.
  • Ridley.

'Patriot Dames'
  • Bianchi
  • Ste_S
    Ste_S Posts: 1,173
    None of the above. Giant SCR2
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Raleigh Banana :p

Just kidding.. I reckon go for the trek mate..
    cartoon.jpg
  • moorehen
    moorehen Posts: 95
    Bianchi but I would say that - I've got that exact model and I love it :lol:

If you want any specific advice on the Bianchi feel free to ask.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Ridley
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • jpembroke
    jpembroke Posts: 2,569
    LOL! Welcome to the forum.
    I'm only concerned with looking concerned
  • babyshambles
    ha ha...... silly question. you have to try each. They are all OK bikes for the price, think about it. one may have a better this but a worse that..... depends how you feeel.

trek :lol:
  • babyshambles
    ha ha...... silly question. you have to try each. They are all OK bikes for the price, think about it. one may have a better this but a worse that..... depends how you feeel.

trek :lol:
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    You can buy a Ridley for £500? :shock:
  • On first instinct I'd plump for the Bianchi, it's just a beautiful looking bike. I have 2 Bianchis and like them very much. Plus, Italians really seem to like the fact that you ride an Italian bike. Never once have I ever had Belgian or American women start conversations with me because I'm riding a Ridley or a Trek ... :)

Component wise, there doesn't seem to be a great deal to choose between them -
    Neither the Sora and Tiagra are going to set the world on fire (but then, I'm a Campagnolo snob... :wink: ) and nothing leaps out from the rest of the kit list which appears stunningly better or worse than the others.

But ultimately, it comes down to what suits you. You have to go and test ride them so that you kind find the one that is right for you. If you don't, and something isn't right you aren't going to enjoy riding it as much, and that is the point isn't it?
    Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.
    (John F Kennedy)

Hairy Roadie (new scoring) FCN 1/2
  • Campy King
    Campy King Posts: 201
    Ridley. Which one for £500????
  • as victor ludorum said, go and try them all

if buying without trying dont settle for just one size as most manufacturers idea of a specific size will differ from brand to brand

i bought a frame online because it was a size 49 only to find that it was totally different to the bianchi size 49 that i was replacing... 8) 8)
    a Bianchi is for life... not just for christmas
  • karl101
    Campy King wrote:
    Ridley. Which one for £500????
    Ridley EOS, being sold in hargreaves cycles for 550, been reduced from 750. got the tiagra rather then the sora, which was the only thing pulling me more towards that one.
  • karl101
    Cheers guys, all been a great help and yet i still cant make up my mind. its only some thing for a couple of months whilst i get to grips with the whole cycling world, ill get my big boy bike soon lol. any one know of a good online cycling accesory dealer for lycras, jersys etc. at good prices.
    cheers all
  • jpembroke
    jpembroke Posts: 2,569
    hang on, no one has recommended the Specialized Allez. What's wrong with us?
    I'm only concerned with looking concerned
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    None of them. Giant for sure.