Microsoft Office

martinwitnam
martinwitnam Posts: 439
edited July 2008 in The bottom bracket
I have just bought a new version of Office and have also got hold of a laptop as well.
Just wondering if I can put Office on to both my desktop and my laptop or do I have to buy two separate copies?

Can we fix it?
Yes we can!

Comments

• millar time
    millar time Posts: 392
    I think you usually get more than one software license when you buy Office. So you can use one on your laptop and one on your desktop.
  • martinwitnam
    martinwitnam Posts: 439
    Thanks millar time.

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    yeah - did the box come with more than one licence key?

They do often come with three for home users (for this reason) but if it only had one licence key then no, you will need to buy another one to stay legal
  • robbarker
    robbarker Posts: 1,367
    Just read the small print on the EULA.

I've weaned myself off paying Microsoft tax now and run Openoffice on Ubuntu.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    The 3 licence version I have here has a single licence key. Similarly for my MSDN licence at work there is only ever 1 licence key per software item (some are standard keys for all msdn users some you have to request a key for) but it allows 10 concurrent installs. The only way you will find out how many concurrent installs you are allowed is by reading the licence that came with it or phone MS support to check.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Sell it to somebody, get Openoffice, its free far more flexible & you can load on as many pc's as you need.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    One key will work on 3 machines with Office Home. You have to register them from the same internet connection though. I "gave" one of my licences to my Sister who has to bring her laptop to mine for any updates.