Trails around Nottingham

GBucko
GBucko Posts: 12
edited March 2010 in MTB rides
Hi, I just wanted to know what trails was in and around Nottingham (20 mile radius)?

Grant

Comments

• You should try going down the trent towards beeston/trowel. Or if you can get the bike up out of Notts then why not go up to Sherwood Pines theres some great routes around there.

Also you can cycle around Holme Pirepoint and Colwick.

Good luck!
    2007 Felt RXC Elite - looking for mods.
  • GBucko
    GBucko Posts: 12
    Brilliant, thanks. I'll make note of these once I get my MTB.
  • cbrboy
    cbrboy Posts: 1
    i regulary use the sherwood pines trails as i live about 1 mile away and i never get board of going plus there is a bike shop and a cafe
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    There is some technical riding and dirt jumps at Bramcote Woods.

You can do a 20+ mile loop around the canals Beeston through Trowell/Sandiacre/Long Eaton then back along the river. This is a very flat canal-path route.

I've also done a 26 mile route from Beeston along the river to Clifton Bridge, over then back down the other side along the river right to Barton in Fabis, then through quiet lanes through Kegworth back to Sawley and back along the river.

There are plenty of tame trails about if you look for them. For more technical trails and anything resembling a hill it's Sherwood Pines/Cannock Chase (both 40 minutes away) or the Peak District in an hour or so.