Biking Virgins in Morzine

stackabones
stackabones Posts: 4
edited August 2008 in MTB rides
Maself and a mate heading out to Morzine, first week in August, for our first overseas trip. I'm looking for help and advice. Any tips on where and what to ride? We're looking for long, fast flowing sections of Red as well as technical Black. We're based in a chalet next to the Super Morzine lift. What sort of costs are we looking at for lifts? Any and all help will be appreciated. Stackabones

Comments

• RIKO
    RIKO Posts: 559
    About 60quid I think for a weeks lift pass for the port du soleil area, or it was last year anyway. Super Morzine runs are good although they do have alot of braking bumps its worth taking in some of the routes further away like Chatel and the runs into switzerland as well. Best advice is to get the Port du Soleil map for about 4euros when you get there which show's all the main runs. The Kona bike park is also good fun. You'll have a wicked time!
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    Kona bike park shut this year I'm afraid.... But they are opening another bike park over in Les Gets in a couple of weeks.

'Piste map' is indeed a good start, the final descent down into morzine from the top of the Super Morzine is an absolute blast - you'll love it.
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • mcbazza
    mcbazza Posts: 251
    And remember, you haven't been to Morzine until you've had a post-ride drink at Bar Robinsons. I forget what the beer is called. But, it's super-strong, and eases the pain nicely.
    ;)
    Stumpy, Rockhopper (stolen!) & custom SX Trail II - that should do it!
  • Troopy
    Troopy Posts: 202
    The beers called Mutzig (think that's how you spell it)
    YOU DON'T STOP PLAYING BECAUSE YOU GROW OLD, YOU GROW OLD BECAUSE YOU STOP PLAYING
  • Yeti575
    Yeti575 Posts: 291
    Why's the bike park shut this year?
    If it's not a Yeti, it's not worth riding!
  • grantway
    grantway Posts: 1,430
    Try asking this in the Downhill section you would get a better responce
  • Yeti575
    Yeti575 Posts: 291
    Why the downhill section when he wants fast flowing red and technical black?
    If it's not a Yeti, it's not worth riding!