Tameside ? Canals & single Track !

num83r5
num83r5 Posts: 5
edited April 2009 in MTB rides
Hi,
Just thought i would ask about and see if there are any folks in the tameside area looking to hook up for some single track riding ? I myself have just taken delivery of a Cannondale taurine. I am mainly out and about during the weekdays ! If anyone fancies it ;-).
-=[num83r5]=-

Comments

• gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Hey man, Im in Hyde, I have a 08 Giant Yukon, I use it to commute to Gorton so its setup for the road with sicks at the moment but im always looking to branch out, I only know of the TPT between Godley and Newton (is it ?) Its only about 3-4 miles long, What else round here is there (Yeah im a newbie too lol)
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • gesus
    gesus Posts: 5
    ive been riding in the area for a while if either of you are interested in doing a little bit more off road then the canal? i ride mostly around carr brooke and copley, but also ride around moors in tintwisle and in hadfield too.
  • kreek
    kreek Posts: 1
    Hi, Im in Stalybridge I get out on the canal routes quite often or over Woodhead on the old train route if the weather s nice!, another nice one is over the top of Hobson Moor and back down... early evenings ans some weekend days . cheers :shock:
  • i riding from near the village in hyde, up matley lane when i get to the top you can go left,right or then on the far side theres hobson moor road or a cobbled one! if you take the cobbled one to the top you go round a left hand bend and the path forks take the right hand fork and climb a little as you climb you'll see a gate on your right take either this path or stay straight on you'll find some of the best riding in the area from there and all down that small vally and you can either follow the vally down to canal at bottom or head up and right which will take you back to top of matly lane. i tend to ride on a tue and thurs around 6-6.30 and sundays anytime. if you fancy coming on one of these the company would be good but be warned there will be up hills,but the downs are well worth the climb!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PureKaos
    PureKaos Posts: 7
    Greets, sorry for the lateness on this thread.
    I'm pretty new to Tameside and was wondering if any one's up for showing me the decent places to ride in Tameside or at least helping me plot some decent routes on a map.

I'm up for some weekend rides and week evening rides if any one fancies it...... really need to get back out on my bike again.....

Regards.
    Mike.