Spanish Bull stickers on cars

2»

Comments

• Here is the history behind the Osborne Bull which has become part of the Spanish landscape. Click on English version and The Osborne Bull for information on its history, how they are constructed and where to find the bulls. Insteading of bagging Munros, maybe someone will devise a "load of bull" tour to each of these structures!
    The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.
  • Saw an old Triumph 2500 with one on this morning, more amazed at seeing an old 2500 than the bull nowadays
  • I've also seen a fish diagram, like the one Christians used in ancient Rome, more like an outline drawing, with the tail open, ie not joined up.
    Christian-fish-symbol%5B1%5D.jpg =
    godbotherers.

I like this one
    %20Darwin%20Fish%20Silver%20Emblem%20%28Car%20Plaque%29%20%282214%29.jpg
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    It's from the 50's (c.1956), when Osbourne wanted to promote their Veteran Brandy.
    Started off as wood, then progressed to steel images.
    They're all over Spain, but not liked in the Basque region...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • I know that the drivers on the french side of catalonia all had one on their cars, also the drivers on the spanish side too.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    So why would you stick a bull with big nuts on the boot of your car though
    :?:

because you are a chav who has bought a 99p sticker showing you have been on holiday all that way to jonny foreigner Malaga
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    proto wrote:
    I first saw these in the late sixties in Spain. Prominently displayed alongside major roads, but in those days 'Osborne' was written on them. Always amused me as that is my surname, and to the best of my knowledge have no Spanish blood in me.
    Osborne is an English name. The sherry producer, like many others, was founded by an Englishman. Same goes for many Port producers too; the main market for these drinks was Britain.
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    whats wrong with a bull on your boot beter than tw*t flags we have got over here come on engerland.
    going downhill slowly