GT aggressor XCR

LEGO HEAD
LEGO HEAD Posts: 3
edited October 2009 in MTB general
HELP PLEASE.
I am another newby to mountain biking and am about to get my halfords ride to work voucher for £700.

The bike I am looking at is the GT aggressor XCR,the only problem is the review on this site states that the test bike had a slack head angle 66 degrees leading to ponderous steering. Halford said that the production models would have a steeper head angle and solve this problem. I am unable to find out what the head angle is on the 08 model from anywhere including Halfords.
I have looked at the GT avalanche expert and its head angle is 71 and I think that the aggressor uses thew same frame ???????
Can anyone help me.
The bike spec looks very good for the money but the 08 Rockhopper Disc £599 keeps popping up in my head, I am confused.
Just need some advice on the aggressor from users or anyone who knows about it.

many thanks.

Comments

• LEGO HEAD
    LEGO HEAD Posts: 3
    Come on guys and gals there must be 1 person out there that can help me with this one :cry:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Give us time, thats just three hours!

Stated and measured angles between manufacturers vary. It is true that the later versions of the XCR have steeper angles: but what feels best for you will depend on a test. The later one works best for the adjustable fork for most people given feedback I have read.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    im not sure, but i have the 09 and its got a pretty steep HA for 140mm
    I like bikes and stuff