There are some good people around..

Marko1962
Marko1962 Posts: 320
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
Out on the road today I stopped for a little rest and drink and a bloke in a people carrier stopped and asked if I was ok, he said it was no problem to throw the bike into the back if I needed help, I didn't so off he went but it's so nice to see that there are people who will go out of their way to help if needed. So if you are reading this Mr People carrier with his children in the lanes around Manley Cheshire, Thank you ;)

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    of course - he could just have been wanting to rob you?

only joking - there are nice people around yes - I bet he was a cyclist too - treating you as he would hope to be treated

some sort of karma theorist perhaps?
  • dazzawazza
    dazzawazza Posts: 462
    Most people are ok, but it only takes a few % of w@kers (sorry, inconsiderate drivers) to ruin things.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    When I crashed on tuesday, 2 pick ups and a car stopped to ask if they could help/give me a lift, and the women who lived next to the road heard it and came and offered me her phone/water/food. I was pretty impressed by how kind everyone was.
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • ksalno
    ksalno Posts: 8
    I had a flat last weekend and two guys stopped to help me change it. It was my first time changing a tube while out on a ride and I really appreciated their assistance. Especially when I snapped the valve stem on my 1 spare tube while pumping it up with a hand pump (lesson learned). They gave me a spare they were carrying and refused any compensation for it (I wasn't carrying any money but offered to send them a check). I would have had a long walk back if not for the kindness of these two gents.
  • bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    I reckon there' s more good than bad around. My vote goes to the Belgian who rescued me on the Aspin in the rain when I ran out of inner-tubes and was covered in blood from an earlier crash. He had a full people carrier but still found room for me and my very dirty bike.
    Martin S. Newbury RC