Bianchi C2C carbon forks..

ed29
ed29 Posts: 37
edited July 2008 in Road beginners
well i finally decided on the Bianchi C2C 928 after testing a few bikes yesterday and today. I didnt put the order in today as i was going to have a think about the groupset i wanted. Just been looking on the Bianchi website though and the 105 one comes with a different fork (alu / carbon mix) compared to all the other ones (including veloce spec) which have a full carbon fork. I wondered if it was a type error but the photos on bianchi website show a its different.

Will the forks show any noticeable difference? I wondered if maybe slightly more vibration reduction on the full carbon but just guessing. If its better to go full carbon then i gues thats another reason to order the veloce spec over the 105 as the price difference is negligable.

Comments

• Gary D
    Gary D Posts: 431
    I doubt wether you would notice any difference at all.
    All of the damping is done by the fork legs themselves which are the same. It is only the yoke and stem which are aluminium so there could be a miniscule weight advantage.
    It shouldn't influence your decsion on groupset really.

Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • ed29
    cheers,

C2C 928 carbon with 105 and a triple chainset it is then! I'll pop in to LBS this tomorrow to order it :-)
  • Congrats on your choice, :) I got one too..(Campag tho')
    I had to change the saddle, too soft. I'd be interested to hear what you think after a few miles on it.
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    Nice one Ed, right choice, wrong groupset, but what do I know, I'm a snob!.
  • Gary D
    PostieJohn wrote:
    Nice one Ed, right choice, wrong groupset, but what do I know, I'm a snob!.

Naaah!
    Perfect choice - exactly the same as mine :lol::lol:

Are you going for the Celeste colour scheme?

Enjoy it :D

Gary.
    Oh and I feel like I've been raped by an Orangutan :shock: And I've got legs like Girders :lol:
  • ed29
    i'll try get the celeste colour but depends how long i'll have to wait...if its a long time might just go for white.

I also may go for veloce if theres one available quickly as i've been researching and its no more hassle or cost fitting a triple on that as it is on the 105. I prefer shimano though as it seems more positive action, maybe its because i'm used to that from mountain biking. Only advantage of veloce as i can see is the hidden cables

Gary D - what triple did you go for 50/39/30 ? How do you find the spread of gears
  • Gary D
    Yes, it is the standard 105 triple.

I've posted my thoughts about this on other threads when the "discussion" of triples/compacts comes up but I have found that the spread of gears is the biggest advantage with the triple. 98% of the time I use the 50 or 39 ring so it is like a conventional double albeit with a slightly smaller big ring. The granny only gets used for longer steeper hills or when my legs have had it towards the end of a ride :oops: Then it is only to use the bottom 3 or 4 sprockets on the block.

The jump between the 2 front rings is OK. So what I find is that if I am cruising along the flat on the big ring on the middle to top end of the block, and I see a reasonable hill up ahead, I just change to the middle ring as my cadence starts to slow and it is just like changing down 1 gear at the back. (I also have a 12/27T block fitted). If you did that with a compact, I think the jump would be too big and you would end up double shifting.

I am sure this will promote yet another barrage of anti triple comments, but for me - 47 years old, still getting fitter, still overweight and for my style and pace of riding - it works for me :D:D

Gary.
  • ed29
    Cheers, that sounds like the ideal chainset for me as well!

worst thing now is going to be waiting for the bike, and answering the 'How much was that bike' question to all my non biking friends and family!!
  • Gary D
    ed,

It will be worth the wait :D:D

Don't compromise on your ideal choice just for the sake of a few weeks :shock: You might regret it and start to think "if only I'd waited.....".

Gary.
  • accorging to Evans the fork is full carbon on the 105.

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=87032
  • ed29
    accorging to Evans the fork is full carbon on the 105.

http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=87032

the bianchi site lists as alu / carbon

http://www.bianchi.com/en/products2008/Road_Y8B07.aspx

and the photos show different forks on the 105 compared to other groupsets (so does the evans site although not so easy to make out)

Anyway dont think i'll notice any difference between the two forks!!
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    are you really going to go for 105 even though the veloce isn't much more?
  • ed29
    gkerr4 wrote:
    are you really going to go for 105 even though the veloce isn't much more?

i thought 105 was more positive on the shifts!
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    really? - i find my campag centaur much more of a positive action - almost clunky. the tiagra that I have on the winter bike is barely noticable on the shift (which some like of course..)
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Does anyone think that the "Celeste" is worth the £2750 price tag?? :mrgreen:

My bank manager is getting very worried :shock: