Looking for north east "all mountain" riding newbi

paradox1509
paradox1509 Posts: 63
edited July 2008 in MTB rides
Hi
Just wondered if there was anyone like me, only been riding a year... and i am into all mountain riding e.g. black trail at dalby forest. If any one interested gis a shout.

Comments

• Bones!!
    Bones!! Posts: 83
    where in north east are you? not particularly all-mountain man myself, but if you put a location you might find you get more responses.

but if you ever fancy some xc riding give us a shout.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, unless you already know the answer!
  • Cheers Bones, I live near gt ayton and will travel as far as dalby etc... I mainly ride Guisbrough, Captain Cooks etc
  • Have a look here,

http://www.mtbe.co.uk/

They are based in the Gt Ayton/Guisborough area and have a lot of rides being arranged in that area on a very regular basis.

They even offer discount at Biketracks to members of this group :wink:
  • Bones!!
    Bones!! Posts: 83
    Supposed to be some good riding in your area, really ought to pullmy thumb out of my *** and check it out considering it's only 45 minutes maybe an hour from my doorstep. :D
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, unless you already know the answer!
  • Thx for the responses... there is some excellent riding Bones thats for sure,very scenic.
    I went to Dalby for the first time last week and really enjoyed myself! I would definitely recommend the journey! also thx for the advice Royal Dragoon, that bike shop is in GT Ayton near to where i ride.
  • badblood
    badblood Posts: 86
    We are riding in hamsterley Forest tomorrow night. tend to meet for about 6.30 if you fancy joining us, we also try to do Thursday nights and Sunday mornings
  • KeithNMBC
    KeithNMBC Posts: 46
    We ride down your way although we are a bit further North than you, keep an eye on our ride diary on the midaircrisis web site link below, You will be very welcome to tag along when we get down there or you want to come up.
    Want a club that knows the trails around Newcastle during the week and goes further every weekend of the month, rain hail sleet or shine?

www.newcastlemtb.org
    www.midaircrisis.co.uk
  • Thx for the responses, I think i would slow you down as i am not exactly "match fit" . Will definitely give it a go though.
  • IainMac1
    IainMac1 Posts: 94
    Is some awesome riding over our way, without hitting the traiil centres.

As you said, Captain cooks, Roseberry, commondale etc.

Also some great riding over the lordtstones
    Osmotherly
    Rosedale
    etc

I got plenty of routes saved on memory map.

If you want some local routes, drop me a mail

F6024347@tees.ac.uk

Iain Mac